Mixed Small Quarters 5.0 (Closes April 7th)
[Image: smallquater5.jpg]

Your Sim's family has decided to build a house but who said it had to be big to be comfortable? A great home for adults and a child can fit in a small space! That is your challenge!

The Task
You build the space, it may be part of a bigger structure, but the entire living space has to be within the floor plan below. You can add any interior walls, doors, windows, pools... whatever you want and you can decorate the space any way you want as well. Take pictures of your Sims and the space and write a little bit about them both!

The Rules
  • Max 10 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album
  • You must show one picture of the overview
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
  • You may enter 3 times
  • You must have at least 2 Sims living in your home, it can be a Couple, Room mates or a Parent/s and Child
  • You can add a deck to the outside
  • You must landscape the outside
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
  • The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply

Remember to add Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

This challenge will close: April 7th 2013

The Floor Plan

[Image: graphpaper2.jpg]

Participation prize

Landscape Paintings by Tikki

[Image: landscapepaintings.jpg]

[Image: landscapepaintingsprevi.jpg]

You will also receive this shiny award for taking part in this challenge [Image: smallquaters.png]
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer
Participants

The Sims 3

The Sims 2

* = Received PP. If you have a * next to your name and did not receive the PP please PM the moderator.
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer
Meet Rebecca and Dana Smith, the mother and daughter duo. Rebecca, the mother, works as a Cutpurse, I know not a very respectable line of work but she's a wonderful mother and a fantastic cook.
Dana is a shy little girl and in any situation she prefers books rather than toys and tv.
Since Rebecca's job isn't quite paying much a small house was the best solution and maybe the only solution ( i don't think any bank would loan money to a thief Bandit Rofl ).
Heidy would be appreciated. Sun

[Image: tumblr_mgbrzoPU1K1redkwko10_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mgbrzoPU1K1redkwko9_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mgbrzoPU1K1redkwko8_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mgbrzoPU1K1redkwko7_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mgbrzoPU1K1redkwko6_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mgbrzoPU1K1redkwko5_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mgbrzoPU1K1redkwko4_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mgbrzoPU1K1redkwko3_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mgbrzoPU1K1redkwko1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mgbrzoPU1K1redkwko2_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_mg6ehpxeFR1redkwko1_250.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to springjunkie for this post
Received Awards:
Child FriendlyEA are you kidding?Small QuartersGreat GardenerBased in FictionFeaturedColor Lover
Great job springjunkie! I really like the backstory you gave them. Also the layout of the house is well done, you did so much with such a small space.... even worked in a spot for a washer and dryer!
[Image: sig_tiki.jpg] [Image: mayPOTM.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to tiki5872 for this post
Received Awards:
Beginner's LuckPhotographer of the WeekNew FriendTreasure HunterChild FriendlyChatty CathySending LoveBirthday WisherI DoDorm CrazySmall QuartersDeck the HallsBeing BravePet PersonCopy CatSound of MusicEA are you kidding?Contest WinnerPhotographer of the MonthWCIF MasterCount Them: 1, 2, 3FeaturedEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChallenge HostEco FriendlyGreat GardenerColor Lover
I have to agree with tikki here, GREAT use of space. Well done Clap
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Kementari for this post
Received Awards:
springjunkie I love the colours you used! They remind me of summer and sea! Sun

This chalenge looks like a lot of fun... I think I will give it a try. Nod
[+] 1 user says Thank You to *LadyL* for this post
Received Awards:
Small QuartersSending Love
Thought I'd give this a shot, haven't done a challenge in the while. Feedback appreciated.

A newly wedded couple is finally ready to ditch their tiny basement apartment, after all their family just did get bigger by three. They recently just had two twin boys and adopted a stray dog that hung around them at the park.

They have little money as they work as a bartender and an elementary school teacher. They just bought this tiny little home with a small reno in mind to make it theirs but didn't know where to start. They called in a good friend of theirs and this was the result.

[Image: 2zpthxy.jpg]

[Image: 2f0f5gi.jpg]

[Image: 2ebyeiv.jpg]

[Image: e803lf.jpg]

[Image: o9emc0.jpg]

[Image: 301gex0.jpg]

[Image: 2vjuesm.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to LadyMaurader for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterNew FriendSmall QuartersCopy CatSending LoveEA are you kidding?
It always surprises me that people can come up with so many different and beautiful ideas even though they're working with the same space. It's incredible.

This is my attempt at it.
This is the home of the Tolkien's (yes that's the author of The Hobbit and LotR series and his wife). They've recently gotten married and didn't have a lot of money to spend when buying their new house, the situation was made even worse when John was offered a teaching position at Oxford. With their small amount of funds they were able to buy a small cottage like house. The ivy was eating away the mortar, the garden was all self seeded and running a bit wild and it wasn't big enough for them to raise a family. But it was theirs, the only way to go now was up. (for anyone who follows my history town project, this isn't their actual house in the town, that's still being worked on)

The sickeningly sweet couple;

[Image: Screenshot_zps5efb2c72.jpg]

Overview;

[Image: Screenshot-3_zps03f112a7.jpg]

Front view;

[Image: Screenshot-2_zps6eeb95c9.jpg]

Living area, John's a technophobe so no TV for this family. If you're wondering what the pictures are above the fireplace, well they're portraits of Frodo, Sam and Gandalf;

[Image: Screenshot-4_zps24f064d0.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-5_zps5c6554d7.jpg]

The galley kitchen;

[Image: Screenshot-8_zpsace80d00.jpg]

Bedroom;

[Image: Screenshot-9_zps3928ed9a.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-10_zps5a4a3df9.jpg]

And finally the bathroom;

[Image: Screenshot-11_zpsc5e198b5.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-12_zps6874c77c.jpg]

Heidy
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Hol for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendSmall QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3
Sweet house, Hol, nice work.
[Image: banner_services.jpg]
Free your mind and the rest will follow
Received Awards:
Small QuartersNew FriendTreasure HunterBirthday WisherChallenge HostMini MeSending LoveProofreaderWriterPhotographerOn a Platter
Newlyweds Bryce & Dylan Savage are both superstars in their own right. However, life in fast paced Bridgeport can quickly get to be over the top. So to get back down to earth (and Bryce's roots), they've recently built a sweet little love nest on the waters of Lucky Palms. Away from the fans & paparazzi, this "it couple" can leave the glitz & glam of the red carpet behind.

[Image: Screenshot-31.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-14.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-8.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-12.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-21-1.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-15.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-22.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-18.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-2-1.jpg]

Overview & additional photos can be found here: http://photobucket.com/SmallResidences
[Image: LivingSimsSignature2_zps7ca83cd0.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Trumpets0ng for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveEA are you kidding?Birthday WisherChild FriendlySmall QuartersCopy CatDeck the HallsStir CrazyFeaturedTake me AwaySound of MusicColor LoverContest WinnerCount Them: 1, 2, 3On a Platter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 13,219 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 15,639 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 19,019 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila