Create Installing DDS Plugin for Photoshop CS4 and CS5
For those who want to use the TSR Workshop and Photoshop CS4 or CS5 for custom content work, you'll need to download the NVIDIA DDS Utilities Plugin for Photoshop. Installing is simple - just download to somewhere you'll be able to find easily, then click the file to run it and follow instructions.

If you have the 32-bit version of Photoshop, then you should be good to go from there!

The important thing to note is that the plugin will not work with the 64-bit versions of Photoshop! So you must install the plugin and then run the 32-bit version of the program. Don't panic! If you've installed the 64-bit Photoshop, it automatically installs the 32-bit version as well, so no troubles! Whew, eh? Wink You should be able to open the 32-bit version easily via your start menu. See example pic below from my own start menu:

[Image: tute01.jpg]

Now, once you install the DDS Plugin, just confirm that there is a file called dds.8bi in the following location:

[Image: tute02.jpg]

If there isn't, then you need to do the following steps:

1. copy the dds.8bi file from
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\File Formats folder
  2. paste it into
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-ins\File Formats folder

Then run your 32-bit version of CS4 or CS5. Smile

If anyone has trouble with these instructions, do let me know!
[+] 6 users say Thank You to WebbyMom for this post
Received Awards:
Tutorial WriterGreat GardenerSocial ButterflyLlama DesignerTreasure HunterLS Extra StafferSending LoveStorytellerTutorial WriterBirthday WisherParty AnimalEA are you kidding?Color Lover
Thank you so much
Received Awards:
Thank you. Does this applicable for Free Download Adobe Photoshop 7?
Received Awards:
Hi corabicae!

I did some Google-Fu and it seems that the 32 bit version of this plugin will work just fine on Photoshop 7. Info on the 64 bit is iffy so I'd recommend going with 32 so that nothing gets weird.

Hope that helps!
[Image: lssiggy.png~original]
Received Awards:
Holiday SpiritNew FriendEA are you kidding?Sending LoveBirthday WisherSmall QuartersChallenge HostProofreader
DDS with the some software of the both county from the Photoshop and from the photograph have different functions by the CS4. According to the CS5 with the important of the essay uk when plug in from the one to other for the copy of the essays that will be main work.
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Building Slanted Windows macthekat 1 3,803 09-20-2015, 05:05 PM
Last Post: lea-sweet
  Guide Make a Union Jack rug only using base game floor tiles and patterns. Kementari 0 2,273 04-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Kementari
  Tip Tips and Tricks you discovered today! macthekat 4 3,401 09-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Hol