Nature is one of the best places to get inspiration. Soothing atmosphere of the setting sun, playfulness of the autumn leaves falling from the trees, the joy you get when looking at the animals in their natural habitats.
Use the colors, the atmosphere, any element you can from the given picture and decorate an indoor paradise. But don't stop at bedrooms or living spaces; challenge yourself and dare to decorate a room you are not very comfortable at: mudroom, garage, nursery or perhaps a café.
Don't be shy - ask for a picture. Go into nature and get inspired and bring the outside in!
Use real photographs of nature as inspiration for your next room. Allow yourself to be inspired by the textures, colors or mood of the picture.
You can either find a picture yourself or for more of a challenge ask for one here and one of our wonderful moderators will provide you with one. If you want even more of a challenge ask for the room type as well - it will force you to think outside the box.
When you post your room, please make sure to post the picture you took your inspiration from.
How to use the inspiration picture
When you get an inspiration picture, you can use it in a number of ways. You can take inspiration from the colour, shapes, texture, theme, mood or that memory it jerks. How you use it is really up to you.
- Include between 5 to 10 pictures; 1 has to be the original picture (remember no hot linking), 3 detailed shots, an Overview and the rest is up to you. You may link to more in an album
- You may use any real photograph of nature that you want, but if you want us to find one for you we can
- Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
- Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
- The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply
Remember to add in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.
This challenge will close: October 16th 2013
If your looking for some inspiration check out our previous versions of this challenge:
Outside in 2.0
Outside In 3.0