Decorating Roll your Room! (Closes October 12th)
[Image: rollyourroom_zps8b4f89c3.jpg]

Have you hit a brick wall with your decorating? Have no clue what you want to do next? Well put your next room in the hands of lady luck. Let her decide where your inspiration shall come from!

The Task
Take 3 6 sided dice (or 1 and roll it 3 times) Each number will represent a different room, color and style. See the lists below to find out what you will be decorating and then post pics of your finished results!

If you cant trust yourself to stay with the numbers you rolled, we can roll the dice for you Smile

The Rules
  • Max 10 pictures per entry, including an overview. You may link to more in an album
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
  • You may enter as many times as you like!
  • State which Room, Color and Style you rolled.
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
  • The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply

Remember to add Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

This challenge will close: October 12th 2013

Participation prize
annejline from Sims must have has donated this awesome PP for your all! TS3 cheer

[Image: 2qnuuxv.jpg]

The Room:
  1. Bedroom - Can be either a Adult, Child or Nursery Room
  2. Bathroom
  3. Kitchen
  4. Living Room
  5. Dining Room
  6. Study - Can be a Office, Library or Hobby Room
The Color:
  1. Red - Context is everything when using red. When red is place on a black background, it glows with an otherworldly fire; on a white background, red appears somewhat duller; in contrast with orange, red appears lifeless. Regardless of how it is used in a design, a little bit of red goes a long way.
    When considering which shade of red to use, look to your decorating style and your house's architecture. Red is a color that needs to be well-thought-out, as well as the shade itself.
  2. Blue - Blue can be over-used and may wind up a design cliché if used alone. Combining blue with another color creates a more creative effect. Blue is the only color which maintains its own character in all its tones... it will always stay blue.
  3. Green - There are more shades of green than that of any other color. Greens range from yellow-greens, such as lime and avocado greens, to those with a blue tinge (such as emerald). Aqua or turquoise are colors that are typically half green and half blue.
  4. Yellow - Although there are strong mustard yellows and deep yellow ochres, there are no dark yellows. Yellow is the only color that reacts badly to black: Add a little black and it becomes a sickly yellow-green.
  5. Orange - Orange is an excellent example of this design rule: There are no bad colors; only bad color combinations. The complementary color scheme – orange and blue – is dynamic. The triad color scheme – orange, green, and purple – is exceptional.
  6. Purple - The opposites of hot red and cool blue combine to create this intriguing color. There are three distinct purples: Red-Purple, Purple, Blue-Purple. Red-purples are warm, blue-purples are cool, and pure purple is neutral.
The Style:
  1. Coastal - This look is inspired by the ocean. It evokes a light and breezy feel by way of airy fabrics for window treatments, and the emphasis on nautical or beach-themed accessories such as lighthouses and seashells. The classic Ralph Lauren-inspired palette of navy and white with gold accents is a striking look for any home.
  2. Mid-Century Modern - A look originating in the '50s and '60s and epitomized by the Rat-Pack days in Palm Springs. Scandinavian designers and architects were very influential at this time, with a style characterized by simplicity, functionality and natural shapes. Architecture shows off its minimalist design with walls of glass. Pops of deep colors such as orange, yellow, olive green and chocolate brown add to decor.
  3. Country - A rustic elegance is characteristic of this look. Some country looks are marked by extensive use of white wood paneling and soft floral patterns, muted hues and pops of red, black or pure white accents. Floral, checked and striped vintage fabric patterns are standards, and elements have a handmade, rustic quality: wood, handmade pottery, baskets and hand-forged metal to name a few. Primitive furnishings have history to them, and are bought in antique shops and flea markets.
  4. Contemporary - Contemporary design often has clean, sleek lines and is marked by solid colors, predominantly muted neutrals or bold punches of color in furniture and accessories. Furniture is sleek, lower to the ground and often has metal frames or straight legs with an emphasis on basic shapes and forms. Graphic elements in artwork or as accents work well with this look.
  5. Shabby Chic - Coined in 1980 by Rachel Ashwell, this cottage-inspired look includes weathered white-painted furniture, painted motifs, floral prints in muted colors, white slip covered sofas and vintage accessories. A sense of brightness and airiness is always evident in these interiors.
  6. Asian - Inspired by the design elements from Japan, China, Vietnam and Thailand. This look fuses natural fiber elements, bamboo and colors taken from nature to create a serene, calm environment. Furnishings may be lacquered or hand painted with ornamental designs, punctuated with brightly-colored accessories or statues of animals or mythical creatures.

Great Style Guides can be found on our Pinterest account!
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer
Participants

The Sims 3

The Sims 2
* = Received PP. If you have a * next to your name and did not receive the PP please PM the moderator.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Kementari for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer
Such a cool idea! I used on online dice randomizer (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm), and I got 3, 6, 6... that would be:

kitchen, green, asian

Fun! That will be a totally new style for me... I can't wait to get started :D
Received Awards:
WriterProofreaderWish FulfillerLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherTreasure HunterSending LoveSilver StafferChild FriendlyPrize DonatorChallenge HostGold StafferAd ManPhotographerEA are you kidding?On a Platter
Actually 3, 6, 6 is Kitchen, Purple and Asian LOL have fun with that one :P
Received Awards:
Oh dear... that will be interesting Rofl
Received Awards:
WriterProofreaderWish FulfillerLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherTreasure HunterSending LoveSilver StafferChild FriendlyPrize DonatorChallenge HostGold StafferAd ManPhotographerEA are you kidding?On a Platter
Well I got an easy one, a Red Asian Dining Room......Pics will be up soon once I get into the game....

Oh please note i am doing this with little or no CC.....Game lags to bad or else its IP messing it up
Adriana

Living Sims Magazine Writing Intern
Received Awards:
Llama Designer
Oo a double challenge, good luck and have fun Sparrow! Wink

I got 1 (Bedroom), 2 (Blue), 3 (Country). Huzzah! (I used a random number generator too)
Anyway, I happen to like blue bedrooms, I'll have to give this one a go!
[Image: banner_services.jpg]
Free your mind and the rest will follow
Received Awards:
Small QuartersNew FriendTreasure HunterBirthday WisherChallenge HostMini MeSending LoveProofreaderWriterPhotographerOn a Platter
Giving it a try.... So long without doing anything. So I rolled my dices 4 3 4

Living room, green and contemporary. Green Sweating not my colour.
[Image: 10z4gsz.png]
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?New FriendChild FriendlySending LoveBeginner BuildersBirthday WisherSmall QuartersTreasure HunterCopy CatPhotographer of the MonthBeing BraveFeaturedTime TravellerClock RacerPhotographerChallenge HostSending LoveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outOn a PlatterGreat Chef
I got 2, 4 and 4, so that will be a contemporary yellow bathroom. I guess I can give it a go... Wink
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterClock RacerGreat ChefBirthday WisherSending LoveBeginner's LuckCopy CatSmall QuartersChild Friendly
Oooh, I love new challenges! I rolled a 2, 5, 4, which is an orange contemporary bathroom. Worried WAY outside my comfort zone, should be a great challenge for me!
Dr. McCoy: Do you know what you get if you feed a tribble too much?
Capt. Kirk: A fat tribble?

Please, call me Donna. Bigsmile

* Animal lover * Couch potato * Bookworm * Shy * Family - oriented *
Received Awards:
New FriendEA are you kidding?Beginner's LuckAsk a question for Bella, Dina or AndyChild FriendlyRaised from the DeadEco FriendlyTreasure HunterDesign StylerEP MonsterFeatured

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 6,931 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 8,805 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 10,474 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila