Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Garden Gamble! (Closes May 6th 2014)
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Gardening Garden Gamble! (Closes May 6th 2014)
[Image: 2ilc314.jpg]

Landscaping is the first thing we see when we look at a home, yet it is the most neglected area. If the idea of gardening is daunting and you have no clue where to even start! Then this challenge is perfect for you.

The Task
Using the same method as the Roll your Room challenge, take 3 6 sided dice (or 1 and roll it 3 times) Each number will represent a different focus, color scheme and style. See the lists below to find out what you will be doing and then post pics of your finished results!

If you cant trust yourself to stay with the numbers you rolled, we can roll the dice for you Smile

The Rules
  • Max 10 pictures per entry, including an overview. You may link to more in an album
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
  • State which Focus, Color Scheme and Style you rolled.
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
  • The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply

Remember to add Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

This challenge will close: May 6th 2014

Participation prize We are looking for a nice PP for this challenge.

The Focus:
  1. Pool
  2. BBQ
  3. Gazebo
  4. Pond
  5. Playground
  6. Fire Pit
The Color Scheme:
[Image: 2cfsd42.png]
  1. Monochromatic Colors - While it's a simple choice, a single color also can supply a garden with visual impact. In a monochromatic color scheme, you can keep all plants the same hue, or you can integrate different tones of the same shade. Plants can all be the same variety but a good way to vary the vignette is to choose plants that offer the same bloom color but mix up the foliage size and shape.
  2. Complementary Colors - One natural way to combine colors in the garden is to choose complementary colors. That means selecting plants in colors that are across from one another on the color wheel. For example, red is across from green, orange is across from blue and yellow is across from purple.
  3. Split Complimentary - This color scheme tends to give a twist to a garden. Use one color on the color wheel and then each color either side of ifs compliment. They form a narrow y shape on the color wheel. If you select green as your main color, the other two colors in a split complementary color scheme would be red-violet and red-orange.
  4. Double Complements - To add more plant and color variety to a garden, you can also employ a more complex color composition, such as a double complementary. To do that, choose two adjacent colors -- red and yellow for example -- and pick their complements across the color wheel. In that case, it's green and purple.
  5. A Triad of Colors - Another cue from the color wheel is to select colors that are spaced equally apart from one another and combine them; it's called a triad. It's a trickier arrangement to achieve, but it's one that can definitely make an impact in terms of color and visual interest.
  6. Analogous Colors - An analogous palette is also a good way to create garden color harmony. In this scheme, hues that are next to each other on the color wheel -- red and yellow, yellow and green, even fuchsia and purple mix well together.
The Style:
  1. Coastal - The natural beauty brings inspiration to the design by using mass plantings, grasses and shrubs that move freely in the ocean breeze. Coastal landscapes are meant to look natural and contribute to the overall atmosphere of life close to the sea.
  2. Modern - Modern landscaping is known for its streamlined aesthetic and sleek sophisticated style. Overall the garden will feel controlled and organized. Typically, the focus is heavier on hard scape and structures than it is on plants. Modern plants are usually green and selected for shape and texture. Pops of color are then added with furniture cushions, planters or a painted wall.
  3. Country - Country landscapes consist of areas that enhance nature and provide an intimate space for the user. Quaint, charming, and casual, this landscape becomes an extension of your home. The modern country garden style has developed into a landscape focused on dense plantings, flowers and traditional building materials.
  4. French - French garden style is still very impressive. Plant your trees in straight lines to emphasize those axial views, use hedging to border walkways and create small sized parterres. Incorporate ‘alles’ where room allows, these straight paths always lead to something significant such as a fountain or sculpture.
  5. Tropical - The most recognizable trademarks of this style are lush, tropical plants and bold colors. Think palm trees swaying in the wind, birds of paradise showing off their bright flowers and lots of healthy greenery.
  6. Japanese - There are four essential elements used in Japanese garden design: rocks, water, plants, and ornaments. When selecting and arranging these elements in your space, it's important to keep in mind the main design principles of a Japanese garden, which include asymmetry, enclosure, borrowed scenery, balance and symbolism. These principles will work together to create the proper balance in your Japanese garden.
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer
Participants

The Sims 3

The Sims 2

* = Received PP. If you have a * next to your name and did not receive the PP please PM the moderator.
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer
And it looks like tons of fun. I bet we could all need some work on our gardening skills and I love randomness!
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
The next issue of the Magazine is going to feature a lot of gardening articles, so we will be looking at this challenge for pics!

Don't miss the chance of having your pictures featured in the Mag and join the challenge! Smile
Received Awards:
I will have to give this one a go because I suck at anything outside....and if the style and colours are decided for me....so much the better.
[Image: POTMseptemberBRIDELYN_zpscb173613.png]
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveDorm CrazyTreasure HunterSound of MusicI DoChild FriendlyBeginner's LuckBased in FictionPet PersonDeck the HallsTime TravellerAsk a question for Bella, Dina or AndyAnd unicornsCopy CatSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?Count Them: 1, 2, 3Sending LoveTake me AwayFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthFeedbackerColor LoverChallenge HostOn a Platter
Could someone please roll the dice for me? I'm seriously bad in sticking to something i only half-like when i do it myself...lol
hania

Received Awards:
PhotographerLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherSending LoveRetired ModeratorChallenge HostSilver StafferAnd unicornsSmall Quarters
catvonpaxton - 6-3-4

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.
Mark Twain, A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling.

[Image: logo.png]
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterSending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChallenge HostOrganizerSocial ButterflySmall QuartersChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatRaised from the DeadBeginner BuildersEA are you kidding?FeedbackerPrize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Thank MachineEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChild FriendlyJudgecornAd ManBased in FictionTutorial WriterWriterMini MePhotographerOn a Platter
2-5-1 says the virtual dice roll.

This should be interesting considering Coastal gardening will be new to me I'm pretty sure.
Received Awards:
Being BraveTake me AwayCopy CatBirthday WisherStir CrazyFeedbackerEA are you kidding?Sending LoveSound of MusicSmall QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outChild FriendlyClock RacerTime TravellerI DoDorm CrazyHoliday SpiritGreat ChefOn a Platter
Not sure I did this right, but here goes.

4 - pond
6 - Analogous (green and yellow)
3 - country

[Image: 2eaqz6h.jpg]

[Image: 5bus9h.jpg]

[Image: 357kfol.jpg]
[Image: POTMseptemberBRIDELYN_zpscb173613.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Bridelyn for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveDorm CrazyTreasure HunterSound of MusicI DoChild FriendlyBeginner's LuckBased in FictionPet PersonDeck the HallsTime TravellerAsk a question for Bella, Dina or AndyAnd unicornsCopy CatSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?Count Them: 1, 2, 3Sending LoveTake me AwayFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthFeedbackerColor LoverChallenge HostOn a Platter
Bridelyn: That is lovely! It looks like the most lovely little village park
I don't know if you know it, but you can find fish and frog spawners in the buydebug menu. Super handy for this kind of thing.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila