What To Do With Boring ol' Ceilings.
Photo 
Hey Blush

I haven't really been active on this forum since I joined. And I guess that it's time for a change Handshake
Now, I've been working on a house for a BPS Contest. And in my rooms I've noticed one thing. The ceilings are just plain, old and boring. I need some suggestions. What should I do with my ceilings?! It's driving me crazy.

Some nice cc & a bit of guidance would be very much appreciated. Thankyou! I have some pictures of the room I'm working on Smile

[Image: Screenshot-74-1.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-75-1.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-76.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-77-1.jpg]
Excuse the image quality, it was in a bit of a rush Chair
Received Awards:
Pet Person
You could add beams like these or these. As your room looks a bit "exotic" dark wood beams could match.
Alternatively you also could make the ceiling wooden like flooring (but not both wood and beams) Smile
Received Awards:
New FriendSound of MusicDine outSmall Quarters
You can put any flooring on the ceiling so you can use wooden tiles (like I have here), hardwood (like here), or ceramic tile as used in the kitchen or plaster like in the bedroom (here) .

If you keep the colors subtle any of these could work in this room.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.
Mark Twain, A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling.

[Image: logo.png]
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterSending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChallenge HostOrganizerSocial ButterflySmall QuartersChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatRaised from the DeadBeginner BuildersEA are you kidding?FeedbackerPrize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Thank MachineEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChild FriendlyJudgecornAd ManBased in FictionTutorial WriterWriterMini MePhotographerOn a Platter
Some ceiling ideas: http://pinterest.com/macthekat/wonderful-ceilings/
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
I think in that particular room, I'd pull the color from your accent wall partway up onto the ceiling. Whenever I remember my ceilings (I often don't!) I usually use the "simple flooring"' tiles and CASt them to something different.
[Image: banner_services.jpg]
Free your mind and the rest will follow
Received Awards:
Small QuartersNew FriendTreasure HunterBirthday WisherChallenge HostMini MeSending LoveProofreaderWriterPhotographerOn a Platter
Thank you for all of these ideas!
Received Awards:
Small Quarters

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Murals kacicka777 4 1,392 08-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Last Post: kacicka777
  House/lots Building a modern mansion (sorta) lynhuh 6 2,454 09-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Last Post: macthekat
Lightbulb Wishes In Need of Building Advice Helledude 4 1,450 08-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Helledude