Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Challenge ideas
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Ideas Challenge ideas
Dija: I would totes help you with that. You have skype? We can chat with that and come up with some fun sims. Smile (Of course, after your exams and stuff. ^^ )

luce: Love that idea! Reminds me of pre-fabricated homes or trailer-type homes. I say yes to it. Smile
Received Awards:
Challenge RocketeerColor Lover
Yes, Shannachka, very much like pre-fabricated homes : D
Received Awards:
Deck the Halls
lalucediamore: We have actually had that challenge in the past and done an article on them as well.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
I was thinking (& even wrote it up) of having a Hotel/Motel challenge. With a minimum of 3 sleeping rooms, maximum of 10 sleeping rooms. I know this is a bigger challenge than many, but because hotel rooms are so much the same, I think it's very doable in a few gaming sessions. Add to that, most hotels don't have a lot of clutter in the rooms. Most are very basic. If you think this is a good idea, but too big - is there another way we could make it work? I'm not saying go all grand hotel, but doing it on a much smaller scale.

Do you think it's necessary to include the basic shells - one Hotel type & one Motel type? I was thinking it's a good idea (for both games), but I'm not sure how to incorporate the several different styles in one or 2 buildings. I can do it, and will, if needed. I just reinstalled TS2 & NL and, boy, is it different after playing TS3 for so long! I did a basic shell & it's oh so very basic with no CC and only the base game with only the 1 EP.

Here's my list of Hotel/Motel options for those who choose to participate:

Bed & Breakfast - cozy, often Traditional, Shabby Chic, French Country, Primitive or Victorian decor. Typically, there is a community kitchen and community bathrooms. I've always thought of an old Victorian house to be the basis of the Bed & Breakfast establishment.

Seaside Resort - along a beach or with a beach view, the hotel can have a main buidling with a few rooms and a small cottage or 2 just off the beach. Often Nautical, Tropical or Mediterranean decor with Modern/Contempo, Cultural or Traditional flair.

Ski Resort - often log cabin like (in my mind) with Rustic appeal with Modern or Traditional flair. The layout or Hotel design can be like the Seaside, with a cabin or 2 on a hillside.

Hostel - shared accommodations with community kitchen & usually community bathrooms. Very often Modern/Minimalist decor.

Boutique/Theme Hotel - Boutiques are luxurious & posh and themed hotels (a far as I know) have a definitive theme.
  • Hard Rock Hotel
  • Italian Villa
  • Era themed (1920s, 30s, 40s, 50s, etc.)
  • Children (I would say Disney or Nickelodeon, but I know the cc for something like that would be highly limited and who'd want to download it all anyhow? giggle ) - just imagine a resort geared towards the kids.
  • Medieval

If you can think of more themes, by all means throw down! Participants would need to indicate the theme of their hotel if they choose to do a themed one.

Garden Hotel - self explanatory with lush gardens inside & out with at least 2 walk out garden rooms. Traditional, Cultural or Modern decor.

Holiday Village Resort - Christmas themed, Valentine's, Halloween...

Dive Motel - off the highway after a long road trip or on a seedy just out of downtown road, there are several of these. If you choose to do a Dive, please stick to trashy, outdated and run down decor. I know they're not all like this, but for this challenge we'll pretend they are. Smile
Wink
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherSocial ButterflyChallenge RocketeerPhotographer of the WeekSending LoveRaised from the DeadBased in FictionBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Featured
Oooh. I love that idea. It forces us to be basic!
Received Awards:
This really isn't an idea but more of a question.
I remember before I started posting pictures here you had a few "Badroom" challenges. Well I think that was what they were called. Where a room was nominated for the worst EA room and we had to make it over.
I would love to see that challenge again as I never got to participate in it before.
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer
Kim that was a fun challenge. And it was really interesting seeing how many different styles were worked on the same space.

Lexy if I could build I would be so much more into that challenge. But it does sound like fun
Received Awards:
RD -I was thinking I could build a couple (few) empty building shells for those who don't like to build. For both games, too. The more I think about it - if they are jut empty shells, I can do 3 or 4 for each game (TS2 & 3). Do a basic layout for, say, the B&B, a dive motel, a resort and a basic hotel with 2 or 3 floors. I could add windows & doors, but those who want to change them could.

Kem - that challenge is one I would def participate in. It sounds like it's right up my alley!
Wink
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherSocial ButterflyChallenge RocketeerPhotographer of the WeekSending LoveRaised from the DeadBased in FictionBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Featured
Kem, I would totally love to do that. I thought I would be able to renovate all the homes in Sunset Valley, but that turned out to be waaaaay too much for me right now... Doing it by the "worst" room *teehee* would be way awesome and on such a smaller scale. Smile I would totally participate in that one.
Received Awards:
Yeah, the redesigning of the ugliest room is a good idea. Yes

When I use EA premade houses for my sims I always change them (interior and even exterior), because most of them are not the way I like my houses.
I think Especially the appartments in Bridgeport need some serious makeover.

Itwasntme
Received Awards:
Challenge HostSending LoveNew FriendBeginner BuildersBirthday WisherBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterDorm CrazySmall QuartersBased in FictionAnd unicornsCopy Cat

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ideas Game play challenges macthekat 14 7,100 05-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Last Post: mrmiss
  Challenge Links: Game Play Challenges macthekat 0 3,026 05-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Last Post: macthekat
  Rules Challenge and Contest Rules Editorial Staff 1 6,589 01-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Editorial Staff