There is nothing more inviting than a beautifully decorated table top. Art, nature, and beautiful textiles can all provide the inspiration for tablescapes that truly elevate your dining experience. Would you like to be challenged to evoke a mood or theme in the clever way you arrange a table setting? Hone your cluttering and photography skills? If so, this is the challenge for you!
There is an artistry to creating a tablescape. For this challenge you will base your design on an inspiration picture. You can ask for one from the host or provide it yourself (provided by kitkat or macthekat).
You will then design a space for your tablescape and the tablescape itself. This space can be interior or exterior. Although you will be designing a room or outdoor space for your table to be in, the main focus in your pictures should be on the table and its setting. We suggest doing some holiday tables - we would love to feature the best ones in our holiday issue. Please make sure to post your inspiration picture.
How to use the inspiration picture
When you get an inspiration picture, you can use it in a number of ways. You can take inspiration from the colour, shapes, texture, theme, mood or that memory it jerks. How you use it is really up to you.
- Submit 3 - 5 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album.
- Pictures may be no more than 800 pixels wide.
- You may edit your picture, but keep it simple people. No text, no boarders.
- Your table must be set for at least 6 people.
- Ask for an inspiration picture from the host in this thread, or find your own.
- Remember to include your inspiration pic in your entry (no hotlinking, of course )
- Have fun:Keep in mind this is a challenge not a contest
- The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply.
Remember to add in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.
This challenge will close December 1st.