mech's album
Thank you, Melisziee, I'm glad you like it Heart I love colorful mugs and I would love to have mine displayed like this in my kitchen Smile

I have more pics Smile
Downstairs to the boy's room:

[Image: overviewtbr_zpsb0d085b6.jpg]

The boy wanted to have a small sofa corner to sit with his friends and play video games, but he also needed a place to do his homework and of course the usual: bed and storage. To gain some more space, I used the place under the stairs for a cozy in-build bed:

[Image: tbr1_zps602b9254.jpg]

[Image: tbr8_zps822e5fd3.jpg]

The shelves above the bed have enough place for some favorite books, an alarm clock and so on.

To store his beloved record collection and to divide the desk from the sitting area I added some storage cubes to make a small "wall" between them:

[Image: tbr18_zpsd8dde229.jpg]

[Image: tbr3_zpsee63e5a4.jpg]

[Image: tbr22_zps61a81f6b.jpg]

The desk with everything he needs to do his homework on the one side of the cube divider:

[Image: tbr2_zpsc6b293c9.jpg]

[Image: tbr5_zps7d0ed4b8.jpg]

And the sofa on the other one :

[Image: tbr7_zps5ff07a16.jpg]

[Image: tbr11_zps017361c3.jpg]

[Image: tbr10_zps61c31e38.jpg]

[Image: tbr15_zps0a94fcc0.jpg]

Yeah, he isn't exactly the neatest guy with all those empty cans under the coffee table Bigsmile

[Image: tbr4_zps61028d37.jpg]

As a plus the room has a small patio outside:

[Image: tbr16_zps477fb186.jpg]

The rest of the rooms I'll show as I finish them Smile Hope you like it, and Heidy is always appreciated.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to mechbutterfly for this post
Received Awards:
Sending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherCopy CatFeedbackerClock RacerOn a Platter
You're really, REALLY good, you should consider doing this for a living. Seriously. There's a lot going on in these rooms, and if I tried to do that it would probably just look a bit of a mess.

My only critique: the cabinet "behind" the hood vent in the kitchen. Great hood, but it's also illogically placed because of the height, isn't it? You couldn't reach the cabinet behind it, or rather it couldn't be opened?

Otherwise, I'm blown away!
[Image: banner_services.jpg]
Free your mind and the rest will follow
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Jaguwar for this post
Received Awards:
Small QuartersNew FriendTreasure HunterBirthday WisherChallenge HostMini MeSending LoveProofreaderWriterPhotographerOn a Platter
Thank you very much for your feedback, Jaguwar! I actually dreamed of becoming an architect or interior designer (or a rockstar or a female Indiana Jones or...) when I was a girl (I guess I would fail at the statics - most of my sim houses are likely to crash in reality :D)

yeah, I just pretend these cabinet doors have a vent-shaped cut-out in the glass doors or something like that - all my vents end up way too low (I think the designer had in mind that they go into the wall from there). I have to shop for new ones I guess (and now I have an excuse for adding new CC, haha!)
Received Awards:
Superb as always! I continue to be amazed at how believable and lived-in your spaces look. Your boy certainly has a flair for planning an interesting meal...iced frappucino with whipped cream, Chinese food and yogurt...Puke
Bigsmile
[Image: POTM_november_Von_zpse4ad3b63.png][Image: JanuaryPOTM_zps7fb18853.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to VonNdaSun for this post
Received Awards:
Photographer of the MonthCopy CatSending LoveRetired Staffer
Lol, I suppose it's the trash of three days , haha :D

Thank you for your lovely comment <3
Received Awards:
Love these latest pics. The kitchen is so great and I really like how you make it look like it's currently being used. I'm in love with the color palate in both sets of pictures as well. So good.
Visit me on Tumblr @bluexsims
[+] 1 user says Thank You to BlueHopper for this post
Received Awards:
Being BraveChallenge HostFeedbackerBirthday WisherNew FriendSending LoveCopy CatEA are you kidding?Prize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Small QuartersColor LoverPhotographer of the MonthClock RacerTime TravellerI DoChild FriendlyFeaturedDine outOn a Platter
Thanks so much, Blue <3
Received Awards:
I haven't even finished the turquoise house yet and I'm already inspired for a new project...oh well, but it makes me wanting to complete the current house, because I hate leaving one unfinished... I bring pics of the girl's room and the main bathroom, there's only the master bedroom with attached bath and the entry/a bit exterior left. This is what I like about rather small houses, you can do them in about a week Smile

An overview of the whole floor as it looks now:

[Image: overview_zps1b0c52ec.jpg]

Let's start with the bathroom.

[Image: tbath2_zps662717e8.jpg]

The sink is quite cluttered, but this is how I remember our family bathroom in my parents' house. As soon as we weren't kids anymore but teenagers, everyone had a dozen of bottles and stuff...

[Image: tbath4_zps3668240b.jpg]

My sim family prefers modern furniture, but I liked the old iron shelf, I think it adds something interesting to the all white and blond wood plumbing and bathroom furniture. It also keeps the laundry clutter nicely sorted.

[Image: tbath3_zpsa473cc93.jpg]

A view through the glass of the shower walls.

[Image: tbath_zpsb615468a.jpg]

A few candles and plants to make such a functional room like a bathroom a bit cozier.

Now to the room of my little sim girl, who isn't that little anymore. She still likes pink, but her mom expects a change of color taste pretty soon in this age - so we keep the pink to things that can be changed without much effort, like bedding and decorations. Only one wall was allowed to be covered with a pink wallpaper - so the renovation won't be that elaborate when she grows older.

I actually hate pink, so this was hard to decorate.

[Image: tgr6_zps56adf147.jpg]

The room is really small, so we have to use the walls for storage as much as we can. Luckily her wardrobe is kid-sized for now and can be stored in a small dresser. The few fine dresses (my girl likes to be a princess at times) have an extra bar with hangers above the mirror.

[Image: tgr8_zps87875d16.jpg]

Twinkle lights in pink above the desk give a nice and soft pink light.

[Image: tbr5_zpsb06f41ac.jpg]

Below the mirror: A few iron baskets on a bar for all her clutter and first make-up. The baskets were originally part of a kitchen storage system by IKEA Wink

[Image: tgr1_zpse6b8d102.jpg]

[Image: tbr4_zpsb9044ee6.jpg]

I have no idea, what the little one wants to tell her mom with that bag...Bigsmile so far no little brothers and sisters are in sight Wink

[Image: tgr9_zpse09e8378.jpg]

Instead of a bed we chose a bed couch, so that she has more space to sit and chat and play with her friends at day. She wanted a pink one, but her mom wisely instructed me to chose a more neutral tone.

While the girl insists that she's too old for her toys, we just stored them on shelves high above the bed, so that they aren't away if she changes her mind.

[Image: tgr7_zpsd0171ab8.jpg]

[Image: tgr3_zpse66235c7.jpg]

The coffeetable has to be moved aside for the night - here are the remnants of last night's slumber party with her BFF...games and chocolate Bigsmile

And just because Mr.Bunny is such a cutie, he gets his own picture:

[Image: cutie_zpse4db2241.jpg]

Hope you like it Smile
[+] 1 user says Thank You to mechbutterfly for this post
Received Awards:
LOVE it! (And I hate pink too! LOL) You did a fantastic job both with the bathroom and the girl's room. I'm a huge fan of your various storage solutions, for one thing.

Also, I'm starting to think you should enter DOTY next year. Seriously. Your rooms are that good.
[Image: banner_services.jpg]
Free your mind and the rest will follow
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Jaguwar for this post
Received Awards:
Small QuartersNew FriendTreasure HunterBirthday WisherChallenge HostMini MeSending LoveProofreaderWriterPhotographerOn a Platter
Wow, thank you <3 Recently, I learned to love working around decorating problems like small or oddly shaped rooms and such, it always is a good challenge. And I'd totally enter it - even if I might not get far into that contest, I think I could learn a lot from the experience.

Thank you again for all your lovely comments Smile
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MsWry's Pictures MsWry 26 7,046 04-09-2017, 12:41 PM
Last Post: MsWry
  Allears' Album Allears 15 3,731 01-26-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Allears
  Ziva's Album Ziva 94 24,086 11-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Last Post: macthekat