Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Challenge: Where Am I? (Closes April 10th)
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Challenge: Where Am I? (Closes April 10th)
[Image: WhereAmI_zps37560266.png]

Where Am I?

I sit on the wrap around veranda with a cup of hot chocolate listening to the cheerful sounds of winter. Sighing, I rock in one of the oversize chairs provided, as my body and mind relax. I am enjoying this well earned getaway.

A distant laughter catches my ear and I turn and smile watching the families skating on the frozen, pavillion covered pond. A chuckle escapes as I watch a little one learning to skate, barely miss the decorated holiday trees as she unsteadily skates past them. The light snow falling only ads to the beauty of the frozen pond.

Shoveled paths lit with holiday lights lead to the little town square in front of the lodge. Many families walk happily enjoying the smells and tastes of hot cocoa, cinnamon and spice available from vendors in the square. Some walk with gift bags filled with new purchases from the small speciality shops that line the tiny square. Others sit and talk around a warm bonfire, enjoying the company of others that share their love for winter.

I turn my thoughts to the snow covered mountains that create the majestic background for this winter wonderland. I know the distant lights are enabling the visablitiy for all ski and sledding runs that so many
come here to enjoy.

I pull my jacket tight around myself, the air is chilly this winter's night, and sip the last of my hot chocolate.
I know tonight as I lay in my downfilled bed, I will dream of the holiday songs that softly make their way through the frosted air and the beautiful landscape that accentuates winters beauty.

Your Challenge:
Create a landscaping scene from the above paragraph.

You may create a certain area, a view of one of the shops, the town square, skating rink, the choice is yours to create the landscape as big or as small as you like.

Search pictures of winter wonderlands, winter celebrations, winter town squares for inspiration ideas.

This challenge will close: April 10th

The Rules
  • Max 10 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
  • The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply
Participation Prize: Not sure if RL will allow time to make one. If time allows I will post here.
Received Awards:
Challenge HostBased in FictionPrize DonatorBeing BraveEA are you kidding?Color LoverCopy Cat
Participants

The Sims 3

The Sims 2

[if you have a Participation Prize] * = Received PP. If you have a * next to your name and did not receive the PP please PM the moderator.
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer
This challenge is now open! Cant wait to see all your beautiful Winter pics Smile
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer
Bump???
Received Awards:
Challenge HostBased in FictionPrize DonatorBeing BraveEA are you kidding?Color LoverCopy Cat
I actually have an idea for this one, I hope to have time to do it in the next week or so.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.
Mark Twain, A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling.

[Image: logo.png]
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterSending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChallenge HostOrganizerSocial ButterflySmall QuartersChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatRaised from the DeadBeginner BuildersEA are you kidding?FeedbackerPrize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Thank MachineEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChild FriendlyJudgecornAd ManBased in FictionTutorial WriterWriterMini MePhotographerOn a Platter
I do too, I'm just having trouble getting into my game, so I'm doing some simming using inspiration pictures, and then I'll come to this one. Smile
Heidy Pagan, tarot reading, final fantasy obsessed sims player... Pleased to meetcha! Heidy
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChatty CathyBeing BraveBeginner BuildersBeginner's LuckSound of MusicChild FriendlyI DoStir CrazySending LoveBased in FictionClock RacerCarebearPet PersonEP MonsterSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?JudgecornOn a Platter
Thank you both, looking forward to seeing your ideas. Smile
Received Awards:
This was my take on the story, tell me what you think.
I was able to create a shoveled walk effect that worked well.

[Image: 3_zpsca74ab00.jpg]

[Image: 2_zpsce01daf6.jpg]

[Image: 1_zpse51e4b12.jpg]

Heidy

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.

Received Awards:
Treasure HunterSending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChallenge HostOrganizerSocial ButterflySmall QuartersChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatRaised from the DeadBeginner BuildersEA are you kidding?FeedbackerPrize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Thank MachineEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChild FriendlyJudgecornAd ManBased in FictionTutorial WriterWriterMini MePhotographerOn a Platter
Amazing mrmiss. The lighting of the pictures gives the feeling of a beautiful winters day, exactly the kind of day you would want to enjoy on a vacation.

I have to ask how you achieved the shoveled path look, it really adds to the feeling of the pictures.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to cari4003 for this post
Received Awards:
I created rooms the size and shape that I wanted the paths to be, build straight up three stories, placed floors on top, and then deleted all the walls. There are floors with snow on them hanging above this scene, in fact that's where the extra shadows are coming from but since they weren't too distracting I didn't worry much about them.

[+] 1 user says Thank You to mrmiss for this post
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila