EA's decoration can be hmm how to put it, unfortunate at times. Often the house itself is perfectly nice, but the decoration lacks details and seems unfinished and the colours, lets not go there. This contest is all about fixing that!
Take any EA residential lot. Take before pictures of the house. We want you to finish what EA started and turn the house into what it should have been. Leave the outer walls where they are. You may not add or subtract to the size of the house. You may change doors, windows etc. Inside you should keep the basic layout in place, but you may move, delete and make new interior walls. You should keep the style of the original house for your makeover. So if the EA house is Victorian, so should your maked over house be. Take what EA tried to do and do it right. Add details to it, decorate it, change the colours. See the rules for more details.
What will you be judged on:
- Rule: Following the rules
- Style: Keeping with the style of the house
- Photography: How nice are your pictures
- Creativity: Be creative. Show us new ideas. Make us want to feature your pictures in Designer Tips next issue.
- Details and realism: We want to see a finished house not the half empty shells EA leaves in place. Make us believe people actually live here.
- Practicality: Would the house work for the sims living there? Is it playable?
There will be two categories and there for two winners.Remember to write which category you want to be judged in.
With Custom Content
You may use all the CC you want.
EA only - Without Custom Content
You may not use any CC at all. However you may use hacks to remove stencils, move objects and etc.
You may use store content, stuff pack content and anything from any EP you want. If EA made it you may use it.
Kudos for sharing your build.
- Maximum 10 pictures. Use those to show your finished build. Please link to before and overview pictures.
- Follow the forum rules
- Be nice to everyone else.
- The house can be from any EA world, including the store worlds. Please mention which world your house is from.
- The style of the build should be the same as it was.
- You should keep the overall layout of the house in place, but you may move/delete interior walls as well as add more. But if there are 5 bedrooms, your build should also have 5 bedrooms.
- You may not move/delete/add to the outer walls of the house.
- You may delete any and all items in the house if you want to.
- You are very welcome to share your build
- You may change windows and outer doors, but you may not move them. You may however delete existing ones.
- The outer walls should stay the same type as they were. So if the house is a brick house it should stay a brick house, but you may chose a different texture
As always the winners will be featured in the upcoming issue after the deadline.
There will be a prize for both the winners.
Kitkat has donated 500 sims store points to the winner, I will match that. Also mrmiss has donated 1,000 sims store points so both winners get 1,000 points worth of stuff each. And if anyone else want to donate something they are very welcome.
The deadline is the 12th of February 23.59 GMT
There will be no extensions for any reason, you either make the deadline or your don't. There is only this one round.
macthekat, mrmiss & moxxa
Remember to add in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't. And please consider giving feedback to others as well.