From Drab to Fab
[Image: From-Drab-to-Fab.png]

EA's decoration can be hmm how to put it, unfortunate at times. Often the house itself is perfectly nice, but the decoration lacks details and seems unfinished and the colours, lets not go there. This contest is all about fixing that!

[Image: From-Drab-to-Fab_task.png]
Take any EA residential lot. Take before pictures of the house. We want you to finish what EA started and turn the house into what it should have been. Leave the outer walls where they are. You may not add or subtract to the size of the house. You may change doors, windows etc. Inside you should keep the basic layout in place, but you may move, delete and make new interior walls. You should keep the style of the original house for your makeover. So if the EA house is Victorian, so should your maked over house be. Take what EA tried to do and do it right. Add details to it, decorate it, change the colours. See the rules for more details.

What will you be judged on:
  • Rule: Following the rules
  • Style: Keeping with the style of the house
  • Photography: How nice are your pictures
  • Creativity: Be creative. Show us new ideas. Make us want to feature your pictures in Designer Tips next issue.
  • Details and realism: We want to see a finished house not the half empty shells EA leaves in place. Make us believe people actually live here.
  • Practicality: Would the house work for the sims living there? Is it playable?

[Image: From-Drab-to-Fab_Categories.png]
There will be two categories and there for two winners.Remember to write which category you want to be judged in.

With Custom Content
You may use all the CC you want.

EA only - Without Custom Content
You may not use any CC at all. However you may use hacks to remove stencils, move objects and etc.
You may use store content, stuff pack content and anything from any EP you want. If EA made it you may use it.
Kudos for sharing your build.

[Image: From-Drab-to-Fab_rules.png]
  • Maximum 10 pictures. Use those to show your finished build. Please link to before and overview pictures.
  • Follow the forum rules
  • Be nice to everyone else.
  • The house can be from any EA world, including the store worlds. Please mention which world your house is from.
  • The style of the build should be the same as it was.
  • You should keep the overall layout of the house in place, but you may move/delete interior walls as well as add more. But if there are 5 bedrooms, your build should also have 5 bedrooms.
  • You may not move/delete/add to the outer walls of the house.
  • You may delete any and all items in the house if you want to.
  • You are very welcome to share your build
  • You may change windows and outer doors, but you may not move them. You may however delete existing ones.
  • The outer walls should stay the same type as they were. So if the house is a brick house it should stay a brick house, but you may chose a different texture

[Image: From-Drab-to-Fab_prize.png]
As always the winners will be featured in the upcoming issue after the deadline.
There will be a prize for both the winners.

Kitkat has donated 500 sims store points to the winner, I will match that. Also mrmiss has donated 1,000 sims store points so both winners get 1,000 points worth of stuff each. And if anyone else want to donate something they are very welcome.

[Image: From-Drab-to-Fab_Deadline.png]

The deadline is the 12th of February 23.59 GMT

There will be no extensions for any reason, you either make the deadline or your don't. There is only this one round.

Judges
macthekat, mrmiss & moxxa

Remember to add Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't. And please consider giving feedback to others as well.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
[Image: From-Drab-to-Fab_faq.png]
If you have a question, ask it and I will add it here.

Q: Where do I post my entry?
A: Just post it in the topic

Q: Can we enter in more than one category, for example Sims3 with cc and Sims3 without cc?
A: Yes, but you can only win one.

Q: Some of the EA worlds come with extra lots that you can place in the world. Is it okay to use a premade EA lot and put it in the world, or do you have to chose one of the lots already standing in the world?
A: you can use the premade lots that comes with the worlds as well, as long as they are official

Q: Does this include landscaping?
A: Yes you are making over all of the lot

Q: Is there any rules against photo editing (All I want to do is add my name to the bottom of the pics)?
A: You are not allowed to put text on the pictures, don't worry people don't steal them from here or we slap their heads. You are not allowed to any heavy photo edits either.

Q: Are we allowed to revise our entries before the deadline to reflect the feedback given or to add missing pics?
A: You may edit your post as many times as you want up to the deadline.

Q: we can delete existing windows&doors, not can we add?
A: Yes

Q:Are we allowed to add windows to the house as long as it doesn't interfere with the original design?
A: No

Q:May we change the style of the roof of the house? Is it also possible to change staircases (e.g. straight to spiral)?
A: Yes you may change the roof type. No you may not change the type of staircase, but you may change the style

Q: What about textures ? If we decide to make an CC free EA house, does that means we can only use EA's textures also ?
A: That is correct. If you want to join the CC free category, that means completely CC free. No CASt textures from anybody but EA.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
This looks like it will be fun. Looking forward to seeing what you talented bunch of people come up with.
[Image: tumblr_n0weks1vwm1sh8vu8o1_r1_500.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to BlueHopper for this post
Received Awards:
Being BraveChallenge HostFeedbackerBirthday WisherNew FriendSending LoveCopy CatEA are you kidding?Prize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Small QuartersColor LoverPhotographer of the MonthClock RacerTime TravellerI DoChild FriendlyFeaturedDine outOn a Platter
Looks very interesting. I would love to join this contest. I think I will do TS3 with CC.
TV taught me how to feel, Now real life has no appeal
My Tumblr
Shine bright like a Doitsu! Star
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Levini for this post
Received Awards:
Take me AwayBeing Brave
Can we enter in more than one category, for example Sims3 with cc and Sims3 without cc?
[+] 1 user says Thank You to cari4003 for this post
Received Awards:
Challenge HostBased in FictionPrize DonatorBeing BraveEA are you kidding?Color LoverCopy Cat
cari4003 - hmm yes, but you can only win one.

If you are doing no CC TS3, I suggest getting:
Remove stencils/overlays from build/buy/CAS objects in game & Decorator's Best Friend both their edits exports with the lot, so you can change the objects without having to have default replacements and without having to use omsp
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
Great idea ! I love it !
Just hope I get the time to join in.
[Image: 678388SignatureBlog.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to annejline for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveSmall QuartersPrize DonatorPet PersonEco FriendlyTake me AwayFeaturedFeedbacker
Thumbs Up 
Became a member here just because I want to join this contest! The sims 3 with CC Smile
[+] 3 users say Thank You to saraisabellah for this post
Received Awards:
Great contest! I'll join in for sure <3
[+] 1 user says Thank You to mechbutterfly for this post
Received Awards:
Sending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherCopy CatFeedbackerClock RacerOn a Platter
Ah, this looks fun! But I am not sure I have the courage to join...At least I think I am going to give it a try, and then figure out if i dare to submit...Smile

A question. Some of the EA worlds come with extra lots that you can place in the world. Is it okay to use a premade EA lot and put it in the world, or do you have to chose one of the lots already standing in the world? (hope you understand what I mean :P )
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?Small QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Child FriendlyColor LoverClock RacerTime TravellerFeaturedDorm CrazyOn a Platter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taste - Round 2 [Closed - Scores are Up (page 4)] macthekat 53 0 04-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Last Post: arwen56
  Drab to Fab - Lottery macthekat 9 0 03-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Green-Girl
  From Drab to Fab - The Entries [winners announced on page 8] macthekat 94 0 02-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Bridelyn