Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
In Need of Building Advice
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Wishes In Need of Building Advice
Lightbulb 
I want to make something similiar to this house, and I am wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to do it. If anyone would like to build it for me, that would be nice to Smile

[Image: prod_3_20.jpg]

[Image: prod_3_21.jpg]

[Image: prod_3_22.jpg]
Received Awards:
There is a really helpful Tutorial on Building from house plan by WebbyMom that should be helpful if you want to try it yourself.

Edit: As I look through this hose plan, I'm realizing, this house presents a special challenge with the 2nd floor / attic. This tutorial should be helpful.

Sorry for the many edits mods, but I'm still thinking about this. Sadly I have to go to work now Helledude, but I will get back to you later today for more advice.
[Image: 4fu1hy.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to neoscat for this post
Received Awards:
ProofreaderNew FriendTreasure HunterStorytellerBeginner's LuckBeing BraveSmall QuartersFeedbackerColor Lover
Thank you! Smile I have tried that tutorial once before, but failed.
I am going to try it again though, but if you have more advices, feel free to share them with me :$
Received Awards:
More Tutorials about this topic:
  • This one is a little more detailed & leaves out the extra floor , which can be tricky when placing stairs.
LivingSims did also several articles on this:
  • The first article shows how to do a simple attic without the ceiling slopes in the living space. But you loose a 2 tiles wide space on each side.
  • The 2nd one has some general tipps on designing your attic.
  • And the 3rd shows you how to do an attic with cc slopes. Problem here: this solution is not weatherproof, as the space directly under the roof is considered outdoors.

These rooflights might be something for you, if you are playing without weather effects.

If you play with weather I suggest you either forget about the roof windows or think about changing the design a bit and add dormers on either side of the house. This 2nd solution would also gains you a bit more space for the bath & more importantly for the stairs.
Something like this would'nt change the style of your roof too much:

[Image: 5xjul3.jpg]
credit: beatdoc16
[Image: 4fu1hy.jpg]
Received Awards:
ProofreaderNew FriendTreasure HunterStorytellerBeginner's LuckBeing BraveSmall QuartersFeedbackerColor Lover
Thanks! I will check it out when I get back home Smile
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo What To Do With Boring ol' Ceilings. MrCrazyDaisy 5 4,782 04-17-2016, 02:37 PM
Last Post: jenny8237
Wink Murals kacicka777 4 2,219 08-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Last Post: kacicka777
  House/lots Building a modern mansion (sorta) lynhuh 6 3,711 09-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Last Post: macthekat