Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Building a modern mansion (sorta)
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

House Building a modern mansion (sorta)
First of all, amazing tips in "Building and Decorating tips" list. I didn't know about placefriezes and always wondered how to get the foundations on top of walls so now I shall use them (possibly a lot). Now to my dilemma. Before I knew about that amazing cheat I started building this mansion, the biggest place I've made yet without the help of a blueprint. I don't want to use a blueprint because I want the place to be made by me kinda but I'm having trouble keeping myself out of the big boxed building thing.

[Image: 8xui5t.jpg]

Front view (even though it's not noticeable in this picture there is more depth in the building.)

[Image: 2rypkec.jpg]

Back view.

That's what I have so far in terms of exterior. I know I have to add more windows in the backside and plants and stuff but I'm still not sure about the building itself or the colors in the back so I'd like some help, tips or suggestions on what to do.
plumbob Contact me in my tumblr: justanothersimsblog.tumblr.comStar
Received Awards:
Clock RacerPet PersonTake me AwayCopy CatCount Them: 1, 2, 3Small QuartersDine outTime TravellerChild FriendlySending LoveOn a Platter
I think I would add placefriezes on top of the house. Often the high over the windows look a bit weird without it on flat roofed builds.

It is really hard to judge a building with no landscaping done what-so-ever. My guess is that once you add some trees and use the terrain spray tool that it will look tons better.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
1st of all, your house as great potential.

The tricky thing about modern-flat-roofed houses is that they often look like a big inelegant block. To avoid that, you might try to use different textures for the outside walls, like in this house, as well as different roof height for the different "block" (or wings if you see what I mean) of your house (see how the central part of the house in the picture is higher?).

Hope it helps you... and please share some pics of the house as you work on it, I'd love to see what you come up with...
[Image: 556260AviaryPhoto130544059074252692.png]
Received Awards:
Being BraveNew FriendBeginner's LuckCount Them: 1, 2, 3EA are you kidding?Horse LoverSending LoveI DoClock RacerTime TravellerColor Lover
Thank you guys, I'll consider your tips. I tried toying with placefrizes on top but I discovered I couldn't find a way to place them right next to normal walls so the idea I had first had to be scratched. I'm definitely going to post updated pictures of what happens and I'm going to follow the advice and start landscaping a bit.

One question macthekat, I didn't understand what you said about the windows.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to lynhuh for this post
Received Awards:
Clock RacerPet PersonTake me AwayCopy CatCount Them: 1, 2, 3Small QuartersDine outTime TravellerChild FriendlySending LoveOn a Platter
I just said that it can look odd if the windows have no wall space above them. And yes that is the problem with the placefrizes they can't be placed next to normal walls. It can look good to have a higher area on part of the roof as well.

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Here's new pictures of the place. I still have a lot of empty ground in the back which I'm not sure how to fill but I think I'm finally done with the building itself.

[Image: 2mxj0g2.jpg]

[Image: 23gxqw8.jpg]

[Image: 2s61wcn.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to lynhuh for this post
Received Awards:
That does look a lot better!

[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo What To Do With Boring ol' Ceilings. MrCrazyDaisy 5 4,782 04-17-2016, 02:37 PM
Last Post: jenny8237
Wink Murals kacicka777 4 2,219 08-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Last Post: kacicka777
Lightbulb Wishes In Need of Building Advice Helledude 4 2,165 08-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Helledude