Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking pictures of residential lots
Now this may seem like a silly question but it's really frustrating me. I have made a café in the Sims 3 and would like to take pictures of it. To get rid of the grid I have to go into live mode but as soon as I let time flow to get the lighting I want people go into the café, even though I set it to no visitors. If I make it a home I think certain objets would go away though, such as the till. How do you guys deal with this?
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterClock RacerGreat ChefBirthday WisherSending LoveBeginner's LuckCopy CatSmall QuartersChild Friendly
I'd just put moveobjects on and move the sims out of the way.
plumbob Contact me in my tumblr: justanothersimsblog.tumblr.comStar
Received Awards:
Clock RacerPet PersonTake me AwayCopy CatCount Them: 1, 2, 3Small QuartersDine outTime TravellerChild FriendlySending LoveOn a Platter
But then I would have to go into build/buy mode and that only works on your own lot, right? Or do you go back to build/buy mode on the residential lot?
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterClock RacerGreat ChefBirthday WisherSending LoveBeginner's LuckCopy CatSmall QuartersChild Friendly
If you have testingcheatsenabled true you can shift click on any lot and enter buy/build mode.
Received Awards:
Clock RacerPet PersonTake me AwayCopy CatCount Them: 1, 2, 3Small QuartersDine outTime TravellerChild FriendlySending LoveOn a Platter
You can actually take pictures while the game is paused. Then you do not have to worry about people coming into the cafe. I am not sure if it does something with the quality of the picture though, but I use it sometimes.
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?Small QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Child FriendlyColor LoverClock RacerTime TravellerFeaturedDorm CrazyOn a Platter
Oh, thank you lynhuh, I did not know that. Smile
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Melisziee for this post
Received Awards:
I either leave it paused and go into tab mode and play around with the camera angle or if a sim does pass in front of the camera, I have the NRaas mods and just shift-click on the lot & buy, and move the sim behind the camera but its really frustrating when sims just wander around
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherPhotographerEA are you kidding?Small QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3On a Platter
Melisziee, I've been wondering something simlilar, that is, is there any way to take picturess in 'cameraman mode' without having a sim on the lot?

When I built my wedding venue lot I had to build it as residential not only so that I could save it while building without having to enter edit town or something first, but so that I could take pictures after hitting TAB, which is how i always like to take pics since they come out better that way.

I also always have to find a way to hide the sim on the lot. Like in the latest outdoor tablescape I did I had to use MOO and delete the sim because there was no where to hide him and then I couldn't (or didn't want to chance) save it because the sim was deleted and buy and build mode went grey and became un-clickable.

Are there ways to use the TAB camera without a sim on the lot?
Visit me on Tumblr @bluexsims
Received Awards:
Being BraveChallenge HostFeedbackerBirthday WisherNew FriendSending LoveCopy CatEA are you kidding?Prize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Small QuartersColor LoverPhotographer of the MonthClock RacerTime TravellerI DoChild FriendlyFeaturedDine outOn a Platter
I usually send my Sim to town, then put the game on pause and work on my building and picture taking without danger of the Sim ruining the shot. The tab mode seems to work even if the Sim isn't there on the lot, as long as the Sim lives there.
Received Awards:
New FriendColor LoverBirthday WisherTime TravellerChild FriendlyHoliday SpiritOrganizerEA are you kidding?Small QuartersDorm CrazyChallenge HostSending LoveBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerProofreaderOn a Platter
If you have nraas mods (Master Controller) you can click on the floor->nraas>Master Controller->Open and that will open up the space as if there was a sim there. You do have to be in live mode for this. That's how I take pictures in places where my sim doesn't live.
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginner What ruins a good picture, and how to fix it macthekat 4 12,874 10-22-2015, 05:25 PM
Last Post: diputsinva
  Second floor disappearing for screenshot SelaronoSIms 4 1,703 07-27-2015, 10:32 PM
Last Post: SelaronoSIms
  Beginner Take better pictures macthekat 19 47,429 12-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Last Post: mrmiss