Best gift received and given
I thought it might be fun to talk about gifts

What is the best gift you received this year?

What is the best gift you gave someone this year?

Let me start:
I got a steampunk necklace from my sister that was quite awesome

The best gift I gave was a hand blender set for my dad - that might not sound like a good gift, but he played with it all night and proudly used it for dinner yesterday and was cooing about it

What did you give and what did you get?
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
I got a nice tablet and I gave my daughter a tuxedo shirt, bow tie, and suspenders. That might not sound like much but it was one of the few things she hadn't asked for and she loved it.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.
Mark Twain, A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling.

[Image: logo.png]
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterSending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChallenge HostOrganizerSocial ButterflySmall QuartersChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatRaised from the DeadBeginner BuildersEA are you kidding?FeedbackerPrize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Thank MachineEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChild FriendlyJudgecornAd ManBased in FictionTutorial WriterWriterMini MePhotographerOn a Platter
Mrmiss that sounds like an awesome gift! And finding something that people we love had not thought to wish for is often the best gifts!
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
The best gift I got was a set of fluffy cushions and throws for our new house. They were bought at the start of the month by my grandparents and my granddad suddenly passed away the day after but he had chosen the throws himself so they're very dear to me, and so soft and snuggly too.

And the best gift I gave was to my mum, her favourite perfume that she hasn't bought herself in about three years because it can be really expensive, and I got her a big bottle of it too with a new book by her favourite author so she was really thrilled.
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherPhotographerEA are you kidding?Small QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3On a Platter
I took my brother out for dinner. I do this every year for his birthday, because dining out is expensive in my country, and he does not have a lot of extra money for that kind of luxury. We allways go some place nice that serves his favorite dishes.

Super best gift ever: I had problems in my lovelife this summer, and it looked like the love of my life were going to leave me. But he came back for me, and we are still together. 

And:
I got a pedometer from my bf (a watch that keeps track of the amount of steps you take during the day, yor heartbeat and so on). I wanted to become more sporty, so this was a super gift!
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?Small QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Child FriendlyColor LoverClock RacerTime TravellerFeaturedDorm CrazyOn a Platter
Hello there,

Best gift recieved:
birthdaypresent for my 2 year old son, reminded me so much of my own childhood.
Was given by my mom and it was a wooden thingy for running marbles and stuff down there

Best gift given:
Was a really big Beanbag for my oldest son. he loves to sleep in there after school. my younger son started to join in. perfect peaceful family evenings guranteed!

Cheers!
Received Awards:
Ooh since this is alive again:

Best gift received was a Kindle Paperwhite (that I've wanted for years) and Amazon gift cards and Kindle Unlimited.

Best gift given was the flight stick (joystick for flying/space games) I got the husband.

Also the MeowBox my cats got was pretty good. They got fish jerky. Ew, yes, but they love it.
[Image: lssiggy.png~original]
Received Awards:
Holiday SpiritNew FriendEA are you kidding?Sending LoveBirthday WisherSmall QuartersChallenge HostProofreader
Best gift recieved is a toss up between an Xbox 360 (friend decided he didn't want it anymore), and one that I should be getting next week - purple hair! I've been dealing with SADs and got dumped at Christmas, so hopefully it'll be a good confidence boost.

Best gift given? I made a friend some jewellery that she has been oohing and aahing about. Smile
Heidy Pagan, tarot reading, final fantasy obsessed sims player... Pleased to meetcha! Heidy
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChatty CathyBeing BraveBeginner BuildersBeginner's LuckSound of MusicChild FriendlyI DoStir CrazySending LoveBased in FictionClock RacerCarebearPet PersonEP MonsterSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?JudgecornOn a Platter
The best gift I received this year was a stuffed animal alpaca my mom got for me. Totally without purpose, but money has been really tight and I have a soft spot for alpacas (I want to raise some, but I like in the burbs, they allow chickens but no other farm animals). It sits on my dresser Smile

The best gift I have given? I had some extra flight miles so I was able to give one of my very dearest friends a round trick ticket from CA to MN to visit me! It was a gift for us both!
[Image: RhNWB9Mh.png]
Received Awards:
WriterLS Extra StafferNew FriendFeaturedContest WinnerTreasure HunterSending LovePhotographerChallenge HostPrize DonatorChallenge MasterTake me AwayBirthday WisherDesign StylerDonatorSound of MusicChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dorm CrazyTime TravellerAnd unicornsCopy CatEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Small QuartersEP MonsterColor LoverRetired Staffer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going on with forums and the Sims in general? kitkat 1 185 08-06-2017, 06:01 PM
Last Post: cari4003
Thumbs Up Your Username Bitter Sweet 99 29,112 09-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Nuclearwaffles
Its My Birthday! Cook, Bake and share! Saprophyte 34 17,767 09-20-2015, 08:56 AM
Last Post: lea-sweet