Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Less is more: focus on minimalism (Closes April 2nd)
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Less is more: focus on minimalism (Closes April 2nd)
[Image: BannerChallenge_zps36941476.png]

At the forum, a number of people have indicated that they would like to try to create minimalist interiors so therefore this challenge.

Minimalism is achieved by reducing a design to only the most essential elements. Key words are simple, clean and natural. With minimalist design it is important to focus on items, details and lighting.

The Task
Decorate a room where you focus on minimalism using the tips below. Also remember to focus on picture taking angles.

The Rules
  • You may only post one picture. You may link to more in an album
  • Pictures may be no more than 800 pixel wide
  • You may enter as many times as you want
  • Picture must be an interior shot
  • No sims allowed
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
  • The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply

Remember to add Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

Tips
  • Keep it simple
  • Focus on one point, the eye-catcher (what would you like to show us)
  • Focus on the picture taking angle: at eye level, from above, from below, etc.
  • Create a clean space, without clutter
  • Focus on details: go for subtle accents e.g. beautiful vases, rugs, throws, pillows or combine textures
  • Make sure that all colors are consistent. It is advisable to work with light and natural tones (but of course other combinations are also possible, let us be amazed)
  • Lighting is everything: try to use the natural outdoor light and for non-natural lighting, you can choose to keep it very simple with a bulb or just focusing on a particular lamp
  • Minimalism means less quantity and more quality. Choose items with a unique look

Inspiration
To give you a little inspiration I have two of my own pictures and four pictures from Pinterest inserted below. For more inspiration you can also take a look at the design style description of minimalism.

[Image: Circle_zps5bd4f7bc.png]

[Image: Office121_zpse8be32be.png]

[Image: 6cde670e-81ab-4db0-a00d-4978a0ad0d1f_zpsec47b870.jpg]

[Image: 25d60240-1aa3-416f-9167-1e3f1edff760_zps9ca919a9.jpg]

[Image: fa48c996-e0ba-48e5-92fc-1d3165b8b8ca_zps497ff690.jpg]

[Image: 20e6be5b-1476-41bb-bfdc-69fb2438ed63_zpsad594910.jpg]

This challenge will close: 2/4 2015
[Image: Tumblr2_zpsdfb5b075.png] [Image: And_zpsa212a345.png] [Image: Blog2_zps6ca24dc1.png]
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Lis0 for this post
Received Awards:
Beginner's LuckNew FriendSmall QuartersBirthday WisherEA are you kidding?Beginner BuildersWCIF MasterChild FriendlyParty AnimalStir CrazyBeing BraveSending LoveClock RacerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Great ChefPet PersonCopy CatChallenge HostSending LoveOn a Platter
Participation prizes

TS2
13pumpkin made a beautiful set of floors.

[Image: Wood-Square-2_zpse2ab5333.png]

[Image: Wood-Square-1_zps2113531e.png]

TS3

[Image: PPLessisMore_zps681f55f9.png]

[Image: LessismorePPrize_zps83902960.png]

TS4

13pumpkin made a beautiful set of loop carpets.

[Image: loop-carpet-2_zps357e7df7.png]

[Image: loop-carpet-1_zps7f0f9e5f.png]

tkangie made a beautiful set of black and white paintings.

[Image: ParisNoiretBlanc_zps4e464120.jpg]

Participants

The Sims 4
The Sims 3
The Sims 2
* = Received PP. If you have a * next to your name and did not receive the PP please PM the moderator.
[Image: Tumblr2_zpsdfb5b075.png] [Image: And_zpsa212a345.png] [Image: Blog2_zps6ca24dc1.png]
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Lis0 for this post
Received Awards:
Beginner's LuckNew FriendSmall QuartersBirthday WisherEA are you kidding?Beginner BuildersWCIF MasterChild FriendlyParty AnimalStir CrazyBeing BraveSending LoveClock RacerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Great ChefPet PersonCopy CatChallenge HostSending LoveOn a Platter
I am looking forward to seeing more beautiful minimalist designs.

Perhaps you should add one or two of yours as examples and link to our design style description?
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
That's a great idea Mac! I will add them in a few minutes Smile
Received Awards:
[Image: tumblr_nj56towmWu1sh8vu8o1_1280.png]

Heidy
Visit me on Tumblr @bluexsims
[+] 18 users say Thank You to BlueHopper for this post
Received Awards:
Being BraveChallenge HostFeedbackerBirthday WisherNew FriendSending LoveCopy CatEA are you kidding?Prize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Small QuartersColor LoverPhotographer of the MonthClock RacerTime TravellerI DoChild FriendlyFeaturedDine outOn a Platter
Uh, I tried. Happy02 Yay for trying and producing something that's probably mediocre.

[Image: 29n6t4z.jpg]
[+] 12 users say Thank You to ThatAtlasChick for this post
Received Awards:
Being BraveTake me AwayCopy CatBirthday WisherStir CrazyFeedbackerEA are you kidding?Sending LoveSound of MusicSmall QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outChild FriendlyClock RacerTime TravellerI DoDorm CrazyHoliday SpiritGreat ChefOn a Platter
[Image: Screenshot-317_zpsruswipal.jpg]
[+] 14 users say Thank You to soliva for this post
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?Small QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Child FriendlyColor LoverClock RacerTime TravellerFeaturedDorm CrazyOn a Platter
[Image: Screenshot-600_zps3bb8a899.png]

hope I can join a couple more times so it gets more and more minimalistic.
[+] 11 users say Thank You to florence for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendChild FriendlySending LovePhotographer of the MonthFeaturedBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Birthday WisherOn a Platter
@ Blue: WoW...I like your monochromatic lighting and room!

@Atlas: If this is your first ever try, it looks pretty good! I'm not expert at picture taking but, you could perhaps lower your camera to achieve better angle?

@Soliva: I think I'm in love! Is your pic TS2 or TS3? If it is TS2 WCIF that awesome tub?

@Florence: It looks nice but, you could remove a few more stuff!
[Image: CLDesignsSiggi_zps34344dec.png]
[+] 3 users say Thank You to ChrisaL27 for this post
Received Awards:
On a Platter
Blue - Your room looks great, very minimalistic! To make the room a little less dark you could use a wooden floor but that is not always necessary, this also depends on the atmosphere you want to show us Smile The way you took your pictures is also great!

ThatAtlasChick - That is a really cool study! I like the lamp. As Chrisa already said, you could try to lower your camera in tab mode to eye level. This makes your office more realistic Smile

soliva - Wow, very minimalistic bathroom! Well done! Smile The bathtub and the wall are perfect, not too much but still beautiful. You also used a nice angle for your picture.

florence - That is a lovely room! I like the combination between grey brick and wood. As Chrisa already mentioned, you could remove a few items. For example you could only focus on the bed and the lamp and really zoom in on those items Smile
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Lis0 for this post
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila