02-01-2015, 02:23 PM
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2015, 10:34 AM by macthekat.)
At the forum, a number of people have indicated that they would like to try to create minimalist interiors so therefore this challenge.
Minimalism is achieved by reducing a design to only the most essential elements. Key words are simple, clean and natural. With minimalist design it is important to focus on items, details and lighting.
Decorate a room where you focus on minimalism using the tips below. Also remember to focus on picture taking angles.
- You may only post one picture. You may link to more in an album
- Pictures may be no more than 800 pixel wide
- You may enter as many times as you want
- Picture must be an interior shot
- No sims allowed
- Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
- The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply
Remember to add
in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.
- Keep it simple
- Focus on one point, the eye-catcher (what would you like to show us)
- Focus on the picture taking angle: at eye level, from above, from below, etc.
- Create a clean space, without clutter
- Focus on details: go for subtle accents e.g. beautiful vases, rugs, throws, pillows or combine textures
- Make sure that all colors are consistent. It is advisable to work with light and natural tones (but of course other combinations are also possible, let us be amazed)
- Lighting is everything: try to use the natural outdoor light and for non-natural lighting, you can choose to keep it very simple with a bulb or just focusing on a particular lamp
- Minimalism means less quantity and more quality. Choose items with a unique look
To give you a little inspiration I have two of my own pictures and four pictures from Pinterest inserted below. For more inspiration you can also take a look at the design style description
This challenge will close:
02-01-2015, 02:25 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2015, 06:09 PM by Lis0.)
13pumpkin made a beautiful set of floors.
13pumpkin made a beautiful set of loop carpets.
tkangie made a beautiful set of black and white paintings.
The Sims 4
The Sims 3
The Sims 2
* = Received PP. If you have a * next to your name and did not receive the PP please PM the moderator.
I am looking forward to seeing more beautiful minimalist designs.
Perhaps you should add one or two of yours as examples and link to our design style description?
That's a great idea Mac! I will add them in a few minutes
The following 18 users say Thank You to BlueHopper for this post:18 users say Thank You to BlueHopper for this post
• , Allears, ChrisaL27, Christobal, florence, Kweenie, LadySpider, Lis0, lynhuh, miral, MsWry, Plama_chan, semblances, simmerpixels, soliva, steefjee90, tkangie, Trumpets0ng
Uh, I tried.
Yay for trying and producing something that's probably mediocre.
The following 12 users say Thank You to ThatAtlasChick for this post:12 users say Thank You to ThatAtlasChick for this post
• Allears, ChrisaL27, Christobal, florence, Kweenie, LadySpider, Lis0, lynhuh, semblances, soliva, tkangie, Trumpets0ng
02-03-2015, 01:19 AM
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2015, 01:23 AM by soliva.)
The following 14 users say Thank You to soliva for this post:14 users say Thank You to soliva for this post
• Allears, BlueHopper, ChrisaL27, Christobal, florence, Kweenie, LadySpider, Lis0, lynhuh, semblances, simmerpixels, steefjee90, tkangie, Trumpets0ng
hope I can join a couple more times so it gets more and more
The following 11 users say Thank You to florence for this post:11 users say Thank You to florence for this post
• Allears, BlueHopper, ChrisaL27, Christobal, Kweenie, LadySpider, Lis0, Plama_chan, semblances, soliva, steefjee90
@ Blue: WoW...I like your monochromatic lighting and room!
@Atlas: If this is your first ever try, it looks pretty good! I'm not expert at picture taking but, you could perhaps lower your camera to achieve better angle?
@Soliva: I think I'm in love! Is your pic TS2 or TS3? If it is TS2 WCIF that awesome tub?
@Florence: It looks nice but, you could remove a few more stuff!
- Your room looks great, very minimalistic! To make the room a little less dark you could use a wooden floor but that is not always necessary, this also depends on the atmosphere you want to show us
The way you took your pictures is also great!
- That is a really cool study! I like the lamp. As Chrisa already said, you could try to lower your camera in tab mode to eye level. This makes your office more realistic
- Wow, very minimalistic bathroom! Well done!
The bathtub and the wall are perfect, not too much but still beautiful. You also used a nice angle for your picture.
- That is a lovely room! I like the combination between grey brick and wood. As Chrisa already mentioned, you could remove a few items. For example you could only focus on the bed and the lamp and really zoom in on those items