Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tray
Hi 
Can you put folders in the tray to distinguish Lots and Sims?
Received Awards:
New FriendDonatorBirthday WisherBeginner BuildersWCIF MasterEA are you kidding?
I was wondering the same thing Lorry. I thought I read somewhere that you couldn't but haven't been able to find the thread again Sadsmile So if someone knows for sure I would love to know too.
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer
I couldn't find anything via Google either.  What some are doing is copying or moving the files from the tray, and making a new folder with a label of what the tray contains.  When these files are required, they copy and paste back into the game (tray).
Too many files in the tray can cause lag, and I don't want that!

I will try a folder, because I have nothing in my game yet, so if it breaks, it will be no big deal  Itwasntme
Received Awards:
Kem it's official......folders DO NOT work in the tray  Crying
First I loaded a house with a folder, and nothing showed.
I removed the folder, went back into the game, and the house showed up.

It's times like this I really miss Twallan and his Mods.
Received Awards:
Well that does suck doesn't it Sadsmile

I have so many files in my tray I have no idea what belongs to what, how are we supposed to tell what files are for which house?
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer
LOL I can feel your pain Worried
I am doing one house only with one Sim!!

Each time you save a house you made, why don't you copy the files and place them in a folder with pictures, on your desktop. That's one way of keeping track, only thing is you'd have to empty your tray and start over.
Received Awards:
Just before I read this topic I read a post on Tumblr with links to these topics on MTS. The first is called Organising / Distributing lots as packages, the second How to package a lot. Maybe this helps? I have not read them myself since I probably won't use it, but I believe it explains how to keep your tray files organized. Smile

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=561907
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=561923
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Melisziee for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterClock RacerGreat ChefBirthday WisherSending LoveBeginner's LuckCopy CatSmall QuartersChild Friendly
I have worked out my own method of keeping my tray organised, simply by using the date.
I have been playing the same household for awhile now, but every now and then I need a break and feel the urge to build. When I have finished the lot, I remove the files from the tray, take some screenshots and place everything in a folder until I'm ready to use it.

It doesn't interrupt my game and the tray only ever contains the lot my Sims are living in.
Received Awards:
If I had started organizing when i first started playing I am sure it would be easy to keep track now, but seeing as I jump around from house to house so much as I get ideas I now have so many saves/houses with all the same dates lol
Received Awards:
Oh Kem I cant stop laughing....all I can say is, you know for next time!
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My cheat console box won't open! Breila 3 331 07-13-2017, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  (SOLVED) CC that turns black.... soliva 1 998 12-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Last Post: soliva
  How Do I Get Into Build Mode? Lorry 2 1,036 03-25-2015, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Lorry