Rules Brave Colors
[Image: BraveColor.png]
Colour does work magic. Add just a little bit of colour to your space - here and there - and it will brighten up your home and improve your mood better than a bowl of ice-cream. Add a little more to create a special atmosphere: relaxed, energetic, cheerful, or even dramatic - the choice is all yours. Add even more to achieve a totally overwhelming effect. Brighten up your life a bit and let your imagination go wild!

Some colors are easier to use than other... This contest will be all about those harder colors. You will not get any soft blue or beige in this contest. This is all about the wild colors, the hard to use colors, the scary colors. We challenge you to be brave and go for it. To use the colors that scares you!

How does it work?
  • Each round covers a different aspect of color theory, starting out easy and getting harder.
  • This is a four round contest. The first round is the application round and the fourth one is the finals that determines the winner.
  • After each round the judges will score the entries. The two-thirds with the highest scores go through to the next round. After round 4 the person with the highest score in that round wins.
  • Scores are not cumulative. You will be scored for each round separately.
  • The rounds will run from Wednesday to Wednesday, but the application round will be open longer.
  • Each round will be posted in a separate topic and the entries for that round should be posted in that topic. This topic is for general announcements and questions about the contest in general.
  • After each round the scores will be posted in the round topic.

Who can enter
Anyone on the forum can enter! Sims 2 or Sims 3 or Sims 4. 

Staffers may enter, but their scores will not be counted in the final round, so they cannot win this.

Feedback
You are of course welcome to use Heidy [Image: heidy.gif] to ask for feedback in the topic. We will all try to give you feedback on your work.

What are we looking for?
  • Color use: This is the most important criteria of this contest as it what is all about. Think about how you use the color. Read some color theory. Do not let the color take over the room. Combine it with colors that goes with it.
  • Creativity: We are looking for creative solutions. For color used in ways we had not thought of. For rooms that inspire us.
  • Photography: We are looking for well photographed rooms that look really good in the pictures. Gridlines or bad angles, plumbobs, thought bobbles etc will hurt your score so take care with your pictures. Get your pictures as clear as you can and take care with your angels.
  • Functionality: We are looking for functional rooms that are easy and practical to use - not just rooms that look good.
  • Following the guidelines: Follow the rules of the contest and the guidelines of the round.
Rules
  • Post 5-10 pictures of the area. One picture has to be an overhead - but it may be linked, it does not have to be a part of the allowed 10 picture.
  • No borders, text, heavy manipulation or special effects on the pictures. We do not like instagram effects on the pictures.
  • No picture-in-picture.
  • No heavy editing of the pictures is allowed. You may make slight changes to contrast, light and sharpness of the pictures. You may not add lens flares or effects like that.
  • You may edit your post until the deadline, but not after the deadline for that round.
  • You may add/move interior walls within the areas. Half walls and fences are allowed.
  • You may add the doors/windows/walls/floors/stairs/stages etc.
  • You do not have to match the color of the round exactly but try to come close. This is a lot easier in sims 3 of course. 
Drop-out

]If you can not continue after entering in the contest for some reason, please let us know.

Extensions
There will be no extensions and no exceptions, if you don't make it, you don't make it! No whining or pleading will be tolerated.

Judges
macthekat, saywhat, mrmiss & Plama_chan
We are looking for judges. They have to be active on the forum. Apply by sending me a pm

WCIF
Please ask the Where Can I Find in the regular forum WCIF area, not in the round topics.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Prizes

We are working on both prizes to the winners as well as participation prizes for all 3 games. If you want to donate something as a prize (it doesn't have to be for all games) pm me.

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Participations list

Sims 2
  •  
Sims 3 Sims 4 The Rounds

Round 1: Deadline 18th of June 23:59 GMT

Received Awards:
Round 1, the application round will open in a few days. We are still working out the details. But if you think this sounds like fun, you are welcome to leave a comment

Received Awards:
This sounds like a lotta fun! Count me in.
Received Awards:
New FriendHoliday SpiritPhotographer of the MonthFeaturedSmall QuartersBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Great ChefDine outOn a Platter
I'm intrigued!  Application?  Hmmm
Received Awards:
Round 1 is now open! Go in and join us in the fun!

Round 1

Received Awards:
Welcome our judges saywhat, mrmiss & Plama_chan

Received Awards:
I'm going to have a go at this one, so time for a few practice runs I think!
Received Awards:
Being Brave
Awesome Tanya!

Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brave Colors: Round 4 - scores are up macthekat 41 8,952 10-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Ellle
  Brave Colors - Just for Fun macthekat 26 6,405 07-19-2015, 02:42 AM
Last Post: SweetCaffeine
  Brave Colors: Round 3 - scores are up macthekat 40 10,198 07-10-2015, 03:38 AM
Last Post: mrmiss