Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Brave Colors: Round 3 - scores are up
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Brave Colors: Round 3 - scores are up
[Image: BraveColor_R3.png]

Analogous color schemes use colors that are next to each other on the color wheel. They usually match well and create serene and comfortable designs. Analogous color schemes are often found in nature and are harmonious and pleasing to the eye. Make sure you have enough contrast when choosing an analogous color scheme. Choose one color to dominate, a second to support. The third color is used (along with black, white or gray) as an accent. You are of course allowed your neutral tones as well, but be aware that the colors are not meant to be accent colors this time around - they should be your main color scheme.

Tips:
  • Play up your dominant Mother Color in the bright accent areas. Add a pinch of one other color in your scheme to harmonize.
  • Darken some of your altered Hues to create Shades with black. Lighten others to make Tints and add Gray to tone down the brights for interesting variations.
  • Remember to mix gradually or all your colors will end up looking the same.
  • Experiment with various balance of mixtures on a piece of paper or in your sketchbooks before you start working on a project. It will give you a better feel of the full range of colors you can achieve.
The task
  • Color theory: analogous colors
  • Color choice: Seaport (#285977) OR Adobe (#A66120)
  • Function:  Work
  • Keywords: Fun, computer, inspiration, nature
  • Maximum size: 25 squares
This round we want you to do a workroom - think that term widely. It could be an office, a atalie, a hobby room, a study, a workshop... whatever you want it to be. Be creative and think outside the box in what type of room you create as well as in how you layout your room. We want to be able to see what kind of work the sim does - do not go for generic.

Please write which color you base your theme of, and which game you have build your room in. Make sure to have enough pictures to actually show your room of and not just a bunch of neat details. We can only give you points for the parts of the room we see in the pictures. 

Try some different sites to work with the color wheels - not all of theme  are great at showing shades and tints

Deadline: 9th of July GMT 6:59

Inspiration
Some real world examples of analogous color schemes

[Image: sorbet%20room.jpg]
Credit: sense and simplicity

[Image: DB06.6d.jpg]
Credit: interior design pro

[Image: 042911lucatrovato.jpg]
Credit: desire to inspire

[Image: 042911sallyconran.jpg]

[Image: 042911sarahkaye.jpg]

[Image: 3dece868da32312b2981cd4d4ed47a8c.jpg]
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Participation

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Another note: In sims 3, don't just relay on the hex numbers, look at how the color look in the color swart and compare it to how the color look in your pictures - because sometimes the color will show up brighter or a lot duller than the hex colors would lead you to believe. Adjust your color to match the given color. Remember that the right color has to be there somewhere otherwise it will hurt your points - especially in Sims 3 where we know that you could have matched it perfectly. You are allowed to use tints and shades of the color - but the base color you pick has to be there somewhere.

Received Awards:
I chose the Adobe-color. When I saw the shades the wheel came up with, it screamed Moroccan/Berber to me.

So here is my ts2 (6x4) workshop.

[Image: bcr31_zpsfeffihdp.jpg]

[Image: bcr32_zpswb9kh1hl.jpg]

[Image: bcr33_zpstkvuehxb.jpg]

[Image: bcr34_zpsdjytrcoy.jpg]

[Image: bcr35_zpslrpisulr.jpg]

[Image: bcr36_zpsgug1ug9e.jpg]

No purple this time...Yay. Wink
Received Awards:
New FriendHoliday SpiritPhotographer of the MonthFeaturedSmall QuartersBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Great ChefDine outOn a Platter
Oh woow Marieke! Love it Inlove
Received Awards:
Sending LoveFeaturedBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Birthday WisherOn a Platter
riekus13: Now that is super creative and pretty awesome!

Received Awards:
wow amazing..very creative and very well done
Received Awards:
FeaturedCopy CatBeing Brave
I am probably going to make another entry but I just really like decorating painting studios and I couldn't resist. 

TS3. Also, does anyone know of a "no fade" mod that works with 1.67? PM me pls I had trees outside that window (  ゚,_ゝ゚)

Anyhoo, I chose Seaport

[Image: PgU3vPW.jpg]

[Image: 6M7Js2R.jpg]

[Image: JZSUINE.jpg]

[Image: ZAvTDNN.jpg]

[Image: GRwDPX9.jpg]

[Image: ai816Uu.jpg]

[Image: zG0LRZv.jpg]

[Image: uRSbbri.jpg]
[Image: 140c7dw.jpg]
Received Awards:
Photographer of the MonthSmall QuartersBeing Brave
Holy crap you both have amazing entries reikus13 and wendy_weird!!! So beautiful!!! Happy02 Heart
Received Awards:
Being BraveTake me AwayCopy CatBirthday WisherStir CrazyFeedbackerEA are you kidding?Sending LoveSound of MusicSmall QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outChild FriendlyClock RacerTime TravellerI DoDorm CrazyHoliday SpiritGreat ChefOn a Platter
As I promised, another entry, this one is more in line with the task in hand. I chose #285977 (seaport) again. I used the adobe color wheel. The room is a private psychotherapists office.

[Image: eIXeq7v.jpg]

[Image: iDG9M4g.jpg]

[Image: tDk1Yk8.jpg]

[Image: NpsPd1p.jpg]

[Image: NtBxlS4.jpg]

[Image: bSFOKIA.jpg]

[Image: TkIaIs4.jpg]

+ layout
[Image: 140c7dw.jpg]
Received Awards:
Photographer of the MonthSmall QuartersBeing Brave

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brave Colors: Round 4 - scores are up macthekat 41 15,903 10-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Ellle
  Brave Colors - Just for Fun macthekat 26 11,558 07-19-2015, 02:42 AM
Last Post: SweetCaffeine
  Brave Colors: Round 2 - Closed - scores are up macthekat 76 21,558 07-01-2015, 07:00 AM
Last Post: miral