Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second floor disappearing for screenshot
Ummm, this thread seems to have a bit of dust on it, but it was the best place to ask my question....hope I'm talking to more than the crickets...whom I don't mind talking to, but they aren't usually good at screenshots, just saying...

OK!  My issue is that I have a house with a loft area on the second floor, part of the floor is open to the first, when i am trying to take a shot of the first floor, where the second floor should be, its showing outside...how do I fix that? I have the walls up, im in live mode paused with tab hit.  I have gone to the top floor to make sure its rendered then right clicked on my sim whose on the first floor, but the roof is still missing...yes its there, i checked.   stranger things have happened.  I have made lots of houses with lofts, I don't think I've had this issue...Now, I do have a HUGE painting that I have covering both the first and second story wall, but I moved it and its still not rendering...any ideas.  This is for the Masculine challenge, so I'm kind of on a crunch.  Its only messing up one view, so I will probably just submit it, but it looks crappy.

HELP! dntknw
Received Awards:
New FriendSmall QuartersSending LoveOn a Platter
When you have a area like that you're trying to take pics of you must make sure you are on the 2nd floor and then you lower your camera to the lower floor.
So you want to go to the second floor, hit tab to enter camera mode then hit E or is it Q? giggle to lower and raise the camera. I hope that made sense and cant wait to see you entry Smile
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer
(07-27-2015, 10:03 AM)Kementari Wrote: When you have a area like that you're trying to take pics of you must make sure you are on the 2nd floor and then you lower your camera to the lower floor.
So you want to go to the second floor, hit tab to enter camera mode then hit E or is it Q? giggle to lower and raise the camera. I hope that made sense and cant wait to see you entry Smile

Ah ok, have never had to  do it that way before, must have just been lucky.  Getting late now, but I should have it up tomorrow evening.  I haven't done any challenges before, but ive been having fun. Cant wait to get my actual challenge me....excited! Thanks for the help. Heart
Received Awards:
You are very welcome Smile
I did the same thing my very first entry here on the forums, had a shot with a big ugly sky showing through lol.
If I look back at some of my first images to the ones I take now I cringe, I was bad, I mean very very bad lol
This forum and its wonderful members (family) has helped me become such a better simmer over the years. I do hope you enjoy your time here with us, even though it seems quiet there is always someone around lurking giggle

Cant wait to see your shots and welcome to the family! Bear
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer
Ha, i do the same thing. I look back at some of my Sims 3 square houses...ew! But, it shows growth, and thats awesome
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginner What ruins a good picture, and how to fix it macthekat 4 12,874 10-22-2015, 05:25 PM
Last Post: diputsinva
  Beginner Take better pictures macthekat 19 47,429 12-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Last Post: mrmiss
  Taking pictures of residential lots Melisziee 10 3,785 11-30-2014, 05:07 AM
Last Post: mrmiss