There is nothing more inviting than a beautifully decorated table top. Art, nature, and beautiful textiles can all provide the inspiration for tablescapes that truly elevate your dining experience. Would you like to be challenged to evoke a mood or theme in the clever way you arrange a table setting? Hone your cluttering and photography skills? If so, this is the challenge for you!
There is an artistry to creating a tablescape. For this challenge you will base your design on an inspiration picture. You can ask for one from the host or provide it yourself (provided by a staffer).
You will then design a space for your tablescape and the tablescape itself. This space can be interior or exterior. Although you will be designing a room or outdoor space for your table to be in, the main focus in your pictures should be on the table and its setting. Kudos for taking the tables outdoors, but it is not a requirement. We are doing an issue on small spaces soon, so perhaps some more intimate tables would also be cool. Please make sure to post your inspiration picture.
How to use the inspiration picture
When you get an inspiration picture, you can use it in a number of ways. You can take inspiration from the colour, shapes, texture, theme, mood or that memory it jerks. How you use it is really up to you.
- Submit 3 - 8 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album.
- Pictures may be no more than 800 pixels wide.
- You may edit your picture, but keep it simple people. No text, no boarders.
- Your table must be set for at least 2 people.
- Ask for an inspiration picture from the host in this thread, or find your own.
- Remember to include your inspiration pic in your entry (no hotlinking, of course )
- State which game you are using. TS2, TS3, TS4
- Have fun:Keep in mind this is a challenge not a contest
- The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply.
Find inspiration in the older tablescape challenges: 3 & 4
This challenge will close 4. November 2015
If anyone feel like doing a participation prize, please pm me
Ideas for reason to set a well decked table:
Weekend brunch with friends, kids birthday party, wedding, romantic dinner, holiday celebration, family reunion, cocktail party, dinner party to impress the boss or for a casual evening with friends, movie night, costume party, bonfire, pool party, graduation, spouse's birthday, baby shower, anniversary, mastering a skill, promotion celebration