Interior Maxis Mayhem 10.0 (Closes February 4th)
[Image: 11-03-15_9-53-58nbspPM_zpspcr1avd3.jpg]

EA homes are... questionable at best. The patterns are usually gaudy and misplaced, the colors either too bold or too dull, the furnishing arrangements are... don't get us started. We find ourselves often wondering, 'What were they thinking!?' So we are going to set you lovely designers to work making EA homes a little less ugly one Room at a time.

Going into an already furnished EA house, stripping everything but the walls and starting anew sounds like an easy, everyday run of the mill make-over challenge. This however is Maxis Mayhem ladies and gentlemen.

The Task
Pick any furnished room in an EA/Maxis built house and make it over. You must however use the existing furnishings in your make-over.

Kudos for making over a community lot instead of a residential home, but you may do either.
Kudos for using only EA items (Basegame, EPs, SPs and store)! 

The Rules
  • You must re-use every furnishing that already exists in your room. (deco and lamps can be replaced/removed)
  • You must tell us the Name of the home and which world the home is located in.
  • You must show us at least one before picture.
  • You may re-color everything.
  • You may reposition all of the furniture.
  • You may add more furniture and decor items to the room.
  • You may not move or add windows or doors but you may change them.
  • You may not move or add more walls.
  • You may add free-standing fireplaces but not those that have to be "built" into a wall
  • You may post up to 10 pictures including the before picture. You may link to an album with more.
Remember to add [Image: heidy.gif] in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

Inspiration
Issue 12: Maxis Mayham
Issue 16: Maxis Mayham 2
Issue 6: Versatile Maxis

Participation Prize
If anyone wants to donate something it is very welcome!

You will get this nice shiny award for participating: [Image: S3_2F7D0004.png]

Challenge will close: February 4th
[+] 1 user says Thank You to kitkat for this post
Received Awards:
WriterProofreaderWish FulfillerLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherTreasure HunterSending LoveSilver StafferChild FriendlyPrize DonatorChallenge HostGold StafferAd ManPhotographerEA are you kidding?On a Platter
Participants

The Sims 4 The Sims 3
  • Nuclearwaffles - 1st
  • Allears - 1st
  • DeliaPeabody - 1st
  • ThatAtlasChick - 1st
  • miral - 1st
  • equesst - 1st
  • Wintertime - 1st

The Sims 2
Received Awards:
WriterProofreaderWish FulfillerLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherTreasure HunterSending LoveSilver StafferChild FriendlyPrize DonatorChallenge HostGold StafferAd ManPhotographerEA are you kidding?On a Platter
It is allways fun doing a Maxis Mayhem challenge!! Smile
[Image: 10z4gsz.png]
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?New FriendChild FriendlySending LoveBeginner BuildersBirthday WisherSmall QuartersTreasure HunterCopy CatPhotographer of the MonthBeing BraveFeaturedTime TravellerClock RacerPhotographerChallenge HostSending LoveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outOn a PlatterGreat Chef
Well one has to be first Smile
This is TS4 and the house is located in Oasis Springs!

Before:

[Image: 2mcujyw.png]

[Image: dfwoyp.png]

After:

[Image: ajtcvt.png]

[Image: 975lpf.png]

[Image: 2ppkf2q.png]

[Image: 18dqgo.png]

[Image: 15x73q0.png]

Observation: The feature cabinetts on the fist picture, I used them to creat a console in the hallway. The one with the glass doors was moved to the other side on the kitchen. One piece on the kontertop was deleted (it was totally unnecessary)

[Image: 2yv53q8.png]

Overview:

[Image: 2cqh8v5.png]

And of course Heidy
[Image: 10z4gsz.png]
[+] 8 users say Thank You to Zingaro for this post
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?New FriendChild FriendlySending LoveBeginner BuildersBirthday WisherSmall QuartersTreasure HunterCopy CatPhotographer of the MonthBeing BraveFeaturedTime TravellerClock RacerPhotographerChallenge HostSending LoveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outOn a PlatterGreat Chef
Beautiful Zingaro!  I love how you added so much light and color to the room! Yes
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Allears for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendColor LoverBirthday WisherTime TravellerChild FriendlyHoliday SpiritOrganizerEA are you kidding?Small QuartersDorm CrazyChallenge HostSending LoveBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerProofreaderOn a Platter
So many interesing challenges this month!
@Zingaro, I like how you change the room. More light and colors made it so attractive. Good job! Yes
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Ellle for this post
Received Awards:
Holiday SpiritNew FriendOn a PlatterGreat Chef
I have a question:

On Sims 4, are we allowed to use recolors of a object to replace it? I mean, like a cabinet, I have the exactly one but a recolor made by a creator, can I use?
Received Awards:
Count Them: 1, 2, 3Holiday SpiritEA are you kidding?Photographer of the MonthFeaturedDorm CrazySmall QuartersSending LoveBeing BraveDine outOn a Platter
Definitely, SweetCaffeine! Recolors are totally allowed Smile

Wow, Zingaro! You have taken a typically bland Maxis room and given it some life. I love the wood and brick textures you added as well as taking out the overpowering use of color.  Adding in neutrals with strategic color use is much more effective for the design.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to kitkat for this post
Received Awards:
Hello everyone!
Just a quick question: is it allowed to remove half walls?

Zingaro: your entry looks awesome, great job!
[Image: 556260AviaryPhoto130544059074252692.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to DeliaPeabody for this post
Received Awards:
Being BraveNew FriendBeginner's LuckCount Them: 1, 2, 3EA are you kidding?Horse LoverSending LoveI DoClock RacerTime TravellerColor Lover
I finally got time to do a challenge!  Well I didn't really have time but I did one anyway.

This is Sims 3 and it is the Powell House (high rise) in Bridgeport.

Before:  There is like nothing even in this apartment

[Image: powellbefore.png~original]

After:

[Image: powellbedroom1.png~original]

[Image: powelllivingkitchdining.png~original]

[Image: powelllivingbedroom.png~original]

[Image: powellliving.png~original]

[Image: powelldining.png~original]

[Image: powellkitchen.png~original]

I may go back in and do more... if I do I'll stick them in my album.

Heidy  is good too... especially if you have tips for me.  I haven't been into interiors for that long.
[Image: lssiggy.png~original]
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Nuclearwaffles for this post
Received Awards:
Holiday SpiritNew FriendEA are you kidding?Sending LoveBirthday WisherSmall QuartersChallenge HostProofreader

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interior Maxis Mayhem 11 (Closes December 31st) macthekat 58 0 12-31-2016, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Nuclearwaffles
  Roll Your Room 4.0 - Holiday Edition (Closes December 21st) kitkat 41 0 12-28-2016, 03:08 AM
Last Post: kitkat
  Tablescape 7.0 (Closes December 21st) kitkat 62 0 12-28-2016, 03:07 AM
Last Post: kitkat