Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Start Somewhere
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Start Somewhere
[Image: start-somewhere.jpg]

We all have to start somewhere - especially new sims! They have to start in starter homes. It is hard to find well build houses that are cheep enough for new sims families. But this is your chance to help to make up for this!

Task
We want you to build a house within the budget posted below. It does not have to be decorated but it have to have wall and floor cover and the basic bathroom and kitchen fittings + a bed in each bedroom. The requirements are posted below.

Bonus tasks:
  • Share your house with the rest of us. Put the house up for download somewhere and link to it.
  • Us as little CC as possible.

Rules
  • It has to be within budget that fits your house size
  • Bathroom fittings that must be included: toilet, sink, tub/shower
  • Kitchen fittings that must be included: stove, 1 counter, fridge
  • There must be one bed in each bedroom
  • You can post up to 10 pictures and as few as five. You have to have shots of the floorplan (overview) in there

Budget
Sims starting budget depend on how many people the household has, so yoru budget depend on how many bedrooms the house have.

In Sims 3: One adult start with 16000 simoleons, each additional adult adds 2000, a teen adds 1500, a child adds 1000 and toddlers add 500 to the household. I am using the child amount for single bedrooms and 2 adults for double bedrooms.

You can use other combinations of the amount of rooms you want, but here are some typical amounts.
  • 1 single bedroom = 16.000 §
  • 2 single bedroom = 17.000 §
  • 1 double bedroom = 18.000 §
  • 1 double bedroom + 1 single bedroom = 19.000 §
  • 1 double bedroom + 2 single bedrooms = 20.000 §
  • 1 double bedroom + 3 single bedrooms = 21.000 §
  • 1 double bedroom + 4 single bedrooms = 22.000 §
  • 1 double bedroom + 5 single bedrooms = 23.000 §
  • 1 double bedroom + 6 single bedrooms = 24.000 §
  • 8 single bedrooms = 23.000 §
  • 2 double bedroom + 4 single bedrooms = 26.000 § (2 family home with 2 kids each or 1 family with 4 kids + in-laws)
  • 2 double bedroom + 2 single bedrooms = 22.000 § (2 family home with 2 kids each or 1 family with 2 kids + in-laws)

This challenge will be closed: 5. May

Sims 2 participation prizes
[Image: ScreenShot016-8.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot017-9.jpg]
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Participation list

The Sims 2

The Sims 3
# next to the name means that the house is up for download
* have gotten their participation gift
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
FAQ

Q: How do I know how much a house is worth?
A: Both in Sims 2 (later eps) and in Sims 3 shows you how much money the lot is worth right now in a box in the corner in the build menu.

Q: How do I export my house so that I can share it (Sims 2)?
A: Once you have finished your house, you go into nhood mode and click on the house. Pick the export bottom, let it load. The game tells you where you can find the file. The house can now be uploaded

Q: How do I export my house so that I can share it (Sims 3)?
A: Once you have finished your house, you press edit town and click on the house. If you have sims living there, evict them first. Once the house is empty, pick the export bottom, let it load. The game tells you where you can find the file. The house can now be uploaded. Then you re-enter your game you can chose not to save, and your sims will still be living in your house.

Q: How do I share my house?
A: You can upload your house to a house sharing site, like mts or any number of other sites or your own blog OR you can upload the exported house to a file sharing service and just link to it in the topic. Good file sharing services are: box.net, mediafire and 4share. They all explain how to upload files.
Then you share a house it is a really good idea to list the CC you have used in the house. If you are installing your CC via the launcher (as sims3packages) they get included in houses and sims you upload. If you install your cc as simspackage then they do not get included. Remember to write if CC is included in the file or not.

Q: Does EA store stuff count as CC?
A: No, it does not count as CC, because it is not made by third parties. However it is a good idea to list it if you share your lot.

Q: Can we build from online floor plans, or should the floor plan be original?
A: You can build from online floor plans, your own house's floor plan or from imagination, that is up to you!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
Question (sorry) - The Bonus Tasks states *use as little cc as possible. That's fine by me (perfect, in fact), but could you please clarify if that includes EA Store Content or just third party cc? I ask because we all refer to it differently and I'd like to participate without having to remove a shed load of store stuff.
[Image: lilynl.png]

[Image: LilysSimanticsHeader600.jpg]
Received Awards:
Great BuilderGreat GardenerThank MachineTreasure HunterBeing BraveBirthday WisherPhotographer of the Week
EA store stuff is not CC in my book, because it is not made by third parties. But if you use EA stuff and upload the house, it would be a good idea to list it, so people know what to expect.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
Always do, and thankyou Smile
[Image: lilynl.png]

[Image: LilysSimanticsHeader600.jpg]
Received Awards:
Great BuilderGreat GardenerThank MachineTreasure HunterBeing BraveBirthday WisherPhotographer of the Week
This sounds really fun! I can't wait to see what someof you guys come up with (and I can't wait to see what I come up with)! Rofl
Absent-Minded
Bookworm book
Computer Whiz
Good Sense of Humor
Virtuoso Music

Custom object maker in training!

Received Awards:
Deck the Halls
I just tried to do this, and failed. It is hard then you like details as much as I do. A tip though... keep an eye on what the wallpaper and flooring cost because then really adds up. Also there is a big price difference for the staircases. Also sloped roofs are free, flat ones have to be floortiles, so they are not.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
If you use the free floor tiles (listed under Misc., I think? Wooden ones), then the roof can be free. I often use those and just re-colour them. Smile

I'm SO in on this - it will be a perfect addition to my new world!
Received Awards:
Tutorial WriterGreat GardenerSocial ButterflyLlama DesignerTreasure HunterLS Extra StafferSending LoveStorytellerTutorial WriterBirthday WisherParty AnimalEA are you kidding?Color Lover
Oh this sounds like fun! I think I will give it a try. Can't wait to see what everyone come up with!
Received Awards:
Sending LoveLayouterLS Extra StafferClock RacerCopy CatBeing BraveOn a Platter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila