Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
60 minutes, the holiday edition (Closes January 6th)
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

60 minutes, the holiday edition (Closes January 6th)
[Image: 60minutes5.png]

I adore holiday decorated sims rooms but often I don't do them because in my head it will take too long, but it doesn't take all that much to transform an existing room from fall-boring to holiday amazing. So this is your challenge! How fantastic and you make a room in 60 minutes?

The Task
You have just 60 minutes to transform a room from ordinary everyday decorations to a holiday decorated one!

Find a room you want to decorate. It can be in an existing house or in a new one, that is up to you. Start the clock. You have to stop working after 60 minutes and share the pictures. No matter how far you are with the room.

Please show us a few before pictures as well as the madeover room!

Tips for decorating fast
  • Use an electronic egg timer or a phone to time the 60 minutes so it is easy to start/stop the time.
  • Have a plan before you start working on a room. Figure out what style you want and what kind of furniture you are looking for.
  • Work with what you have. Do not fall into the temptation of going off to look for a download somewhere. Be creative with the furniture you already have.
  • Use the collection folders to keep your clutter organized. Have folders for different room types.
  • TS3: Save the pre-sets you CASt on furniture. It makes it much faster to decorate then you don't have to CASt every single piece.
  • Start with the big furniture pieces. Then the smaller ones and do the clutter to make the room look finished last. This will ensure that your room looks finished when the clock rings.
  • For the first challenge: Start with a smaller room - it will be easier to finish than a big one.
  • Have inspiration pictures at hand. Find some inspiration before you start so you can keep the style you want in mind and get inspired if you get stuck.
  • Do the decoration in one sitting. This is about speed, not perfection
The Rules
  • Max 10 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
  • Please include the time you spend on your room in your post.
  • Please include 1-3 before pictures.
  • You may stop the clock when the game is loading something
  • The picture taking and planning do not count toward the 60 minutes.
  • Any room type including gardens and community rooms are allowed (kudos for doing a community room)
  • State which game you are using. TS2, TS3, TS4
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
  • The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply
Remember to add Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

This challenge will close: 6th of January

Award: By taking part in this challenge you will get the Holiday Spirit forum reward: [Image: balloon_ambit.png]
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Participants

The Sims 4

The Sims 3

The Sims 2

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Looks fun, mac! I've never done one of the timed challenges. [Starts plotting how to actually pull this off...]
Received Awards:
WriterProofreaderWish FulfillerLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherTreasure HunterSending LoveSilver StafferChild FriendlyPrize DonatorChallenge HostGold StafferAd ManPhotographerEA are you kidding?On a Platter
I´m in Smile it all be fun... normally takes me hours to do a  room :D
[Image: 10z4gsz.png]
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?New FriendChild FriendlySending LoveBeginner BuildersBirthday WisherSmall QuartersTreasure HunterCopy CatPhotographer of the MonthBeing BraveFeaturedTime TravellerClock RacerPhotographerChallenge HostSending LoveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outOn a PlatterGreat Chef
So I will kick things off. My sim is living alone...

Before
[Image: 12-07-15_8-21-32%C2%A0PM.png]

[Image: 12-07-15_8-21-42%C2%A0PM.png]

[Image: 12-07-15_8-21-52%C2%A0PM.png]

After 44 minutes
[Image: 12-07-15_9-09-34%C2%A0PM.png]

[Image: 12-07-15_9-09-49%C2%A0PM.png]

[Image: 12-07-15_9-10-00%C2%A0PM.png]

[Image: 12-07-15_9-10-26%C2%A0PM.png]

[Image: 12-07-15_9-10-36%C2%A0PM.png]

[Image: 12-07-15_9-10-52%C2%A0PM.png]

[+] 4 users say Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
I just totally ran out of time.  With one minute to go, I threw the first red rug I saw in my inventory on the floor and called it done!

Done in TS3.   Heidy   Feedback is always appreciated.

Before

[Image: 01_zpsoumuzr9s.jpg]

[Image: 02_zpsctlydji8.jpg]

[Image: 03_zpsm1z4dpus.jpg]

After

[Image: 04_zpsjx4l4md8.jpg]

[Image: 05_zpsoewbhur9.jpg]

[Image: 07_zpssvpl3yaw.jpg]

[Image: 08_zpszbq5w47r.jpg]

[Image: 10_zpsy5rrjawh.jpg]

[Image: 15_zpsehz7do3y.jpg]
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Allears for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendColor LoverBirthday WisherTime TravellerChild FriendlyHoliday SpiritOrganizerEA are you kidding?Small QuartersDorm CrazyChallenge HostSending LoveBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerProofreaderOn a Platter
@Allears oh my gosh! This room was so empty but you did a wonderful job filling it up with holiday cheer. I adore the little Saint Nick by the tree. I have to go find him now. I neeeeed him in my houses. The rug I'd say fits well with the theme. I wish the door wasn't the bamboo leaf door but I realize you can't really change that much for this! You made a really cozy holiday room that I'd love to spend my holidays in. And that wall with the stockings and garland is just to die for. great job!

@macthekat I looooove your room because it looks more Yule-like! I like how you didn't change the crazy blue of the furnishings, but still made it festive. That little Rudolph (the reindeer with the R on him) is so cute! I'd love to have him in my RL home. I may have to make one! I adore that you went with a not-so-traditional holiday tree. It still screams Christmas Tree but it's not your average evergreen. I love that!

I made an entry of my own, but unfortunately I deleted the save before I took the pics. I deleted it because my game wasn't saving! I figured out why. I had a store fix that crudded up my game. but I went on a deleting spree before I went and read about the store fix! I bought the store items legitimately, but they didn't work right, so I got a fix that mucked up my game. Anywhoooo it's back to normal now. So I can maybe do one of these soon! That and my tablescape.
[Image: lssiggy.png~original]
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Nuclearwaffles for this post
Received Awards:
Holiday SpiritNew FriendEA are you kidding?Sending LoveBirthday WisherSmall QuartersChallenge HostProofreader
Thank you Nuclear! I wanted the room to just be decorated for the holidays so most people would change the upholstering of their furniture for that Smile I adore the christmas tree as well. Kiare (my sister) helped me decorate over skype - we love the new screen share function - it is almost like playing together again.

Received Awards:
Thanks so much Nuclearwaffles.  Here's Santa for ya!  xmas2

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads...id/938327/
Received Awards:
New FriendColor LoverBirthday WisherTime TravellerChild FriendlyHoliday SpiritOrganizerEA are you kidding?Small QuartersDorm CrazyChallenge HostSending LoveBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerProofreaderOn a Platter
Ahhh thanks so much Allears! He's such a cute little Santa!
[Image: lssiggy.png~original]
Received Awards:
Holiday SpiritNew FriendEA are you kidding?Sending LoveBirthday WisherSmall QuartersChallenge HostProofreader

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila