Beyond the Box (Closes: September 28th)
Cool entries so far Smile

I went with layout Nr. 4, The house in located in Oasis Springs, TS4

Is a simple roof... but never the less, I had a tones for fun building it. I have became a fan of small houses!!! Nod , here are the photos.

[Image: 13ygh3n.jpg]

[Image: 6ghshx.jpg]

[Image: efmjxf.jpg]

[Image: espysj.jpg]

[Image: 2qd6242.jpg]

[Image: 2mwza6c.jpg]

As always  Heidy
[Image: 10z4gsz.png]
[+] 5 users say Thank You to Zingaro for this post
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?New FriendChild FriendlySending LoveBeginner BuildersBirthday WisherSmall QuartersTreasure HunterCopy CatPhotographer of the MonthBeing BraveFeaturedTime TravellerClock RacerPhotographerChallenge HostSending LoveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outOn a PlatterGreat Chef
Zingaro, it might be a simple roof, but is far from a box and it works really well for the style you are going for. I really like the dryland garden you are going for!
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
@Nuclearwaffles what an adorable little home. I like the simplicity of the roof and the plants up there above the door. The inside is looking just as cute

@liliesinbloom it’s looking great. The colors and décor really fit the Mediterranean style. I like the little gardening area.

@Zingaro this house looks really great, love what you did with the layout.
Visit me on Tumblr @bluexsims
[+] 3 users say Thank You to BlueHopper for this post
Received Awards:
Being BraveChallenge HostFeedbackerBirthday WisherNew FriendSending LoveCopy CatEA are you kidding?Prize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Small QuartersColor LoverPhotographer of the MonthClock RacerTime TravellerI DoChild FriendlyFeaturedDine outOn a Platter
We have a participation prize, made by the awesome Eronoel! Check it out in the first post!
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 2 users say Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
@Nuclearwaffles; You have dressed the house lovely, the rooftop garden is lovely!

@liliesinbloom; I like your Mediterranean feel of your house, that balcony/roof garden, sits nice on the roof.

@Zingaro; That roof is spot on for that building, the columns makes it feels like the roof is floating on top of the house, love it!

@Eronoel; Thank you for partition gift, lovely!
[Image: SeptemberPOTM.jpg][Image: Enla-June2014_zpsidpja4wv.png]
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Enla for this post
Received Awards:
Being BraveClock RacerDeck the HallsSmall QuartersPhotographer of the MonthSending LoveFeedbackerFeaturedGreat Chef
@Zingaro: What a gorgeous entry! I love the garden area in the front and the beams you used for the balcony. The entire roof looks very realistic and like it could easily exist in the real world.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to liliesinbloom for this post
Received Awards:
Raised from the DeadNew FriendBeing Brave
@Zingaro Lovely house Smile the pillars really add a unique touch, could I ask where you got them?

@Nuclearwaffles I like how the roof is quite simple but still works perfectly for the house. I always think of more complicated in these kind of challenges, but you show how a unique simple roof can really do the job.

@liliesinbloom so nice and breezy! I like the roof top garden/patio; it would be a great place to hang out in the hot summer evenings.

Also, I just figured out fyi about the rooster vane I made - in the game if you have a really high pitch on a roof it might not show up well because it is cloned from a chimney and those are tall enough to poke out over the high pitch. 

Okay, so my turn. I picked house design number 2; game is sims 4. I am not very good at exteriors generally... I find myself just doing modern houses or the same house over and over; and of course I get frustrated with various things that I want to do, but can't. That being said, I managed to get something close to what I was expecting. It is pretty basic and the pitch of the roof was a little high but I couldn't get the dormers to work without the main roof pitched so high.

I didn't do any interiors or really decorate much of the exterior. I wanted to keep it pretty basic for the moment. Here it is:

[Image: c7MEHo9.png]

[Image: leXyqUr.png]

[Image: 8kVLeQA.png]

[Image: CIDnOBY.png]

[Image: STIM0dD.png]

[Image: dojN75n.png]

[Image: tKTHHhh.png]

[Image: esB6bDe.png]
[Image: RhNWB9Mh.png]
[+] 5 users say Thank You to Eronoel for this post
Received Awards:
WriterLS Extra StafferNew FriendFeaturedContest WinnerTreasure HunterSending LovePhotographerChallenge HostPrize DonatorChallenge MasterTake me AwayBirthday WisherDesign StylerDonatorSound of MusicChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dorm CrazyTime TravellerAnd unicornsCopy CatEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Small QuartersEP MonsterColor LoverRetired Staffer
I also picked the no. 2 layout. I really tried to do a roof balcony, but it's sooo hard to do something like that on this game.

Sims 4, please Heidy
upper view

[Image: tumblr_o4dbmcMMxI1uqwrqao3_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_o4dbmcMMxI1uqwrqao9_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_o4dbmcMMxI1uqwrqao1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_o4dbmcMMxI1uqwrqao2_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_o4dbmcMMxI1uqwrqao7_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_o4dbmcMMxI1uqwrqao4_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_o4dbmcMMxI1uqwrqao5_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_o4dbmcMMxI1uqwrqao6_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_o4dbmcMMxI1uqwrqao8_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_o4dbmcMMxI1uqwrqao10_1280.jpg]

Coffee
[Image: OCT2015_zpsits7juej.png]
[+] 5 users say Thank You to SweetCaffeine for this post
Received Awards:
Count Them: 1, 2, 3Holiday SpiritEA are you kidding?Photographer of the MonthFeaturedDorm CrazySmall QuartersSending LoveBeing BraveDine outOn a Platter
Oh I think you did a great job with the roof balcony! It makes an interesting look.
[Image: RhNWB9Mh.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Eronoel for this post
Received Awards:
WriterLS Extra StafferNew FriendFeaturedContest WinnerTreasure HunterSending LovePhotographerChallenge HostPrize DonatorChallenge MasterTake me AwayBirthday WisherDesign StylerDonatorSound of MusicChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dorm CrazyTime TravellerAnd unicornsCopy CatEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Small QuartersEP MonsterColor LoverRetired Staffer
@SweetCaffeine; I like the fact that you have used different kind of "material" textures on the roof. The house is very nicely decorated   Heart
[Image: SeptemberPOTM.jpg][Image: Enla-June2014_zpsidpja4wv.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Enla for this post
Received Awards:
Being BraveClock RacerDeck the HallsSmall QuartersPhotographer of the MonthSending LoveFeedbackerFeaturedGreat Chef

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interior Maxis Mayhem 11 (Closes December 31st) macthekat 58 8,839 12-31-2016, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Nuclearwaffles
  Roll Your Room 4.0 - Holiday Edition (Closes December 21st) kitkat 41 7,278 12-28-2016, 03:08 AM
Last Post: kitkat
  Tablescape 7.0 (Closes December 21st) kitkat 62 7,242 12-28-2016, 03:07 AM
Last Post: kitkat