CC Magic not working
So I had to wipe my computer, lost my CC, and have got it downloaded again, but when I try to use CC Magic to install the CC, it will rebuild like normal, but crashes when I try to use it to start a game. And because I can't run a game from it, the CC isn't in the game when I go through the normal channels of the origin launcher.

Anybody know what's causing this and how I can fix it please?
Heidy Pagan, tarot reading, final fantasy obsessed sims player... Pleased to meetcha! Heidy
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChatty CathyBeing BraveBeginner BuildersBeginner's LuckSound of MusicChild FriendlyI DoStir CrazySending LoveBased in FictionClock RacerCarebearPet PersonEP MonsterSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?JudgecornOn a Platter
I would suggest checking out the log files which you can find - My Documents\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Logs.

You'll have 3- 5 logs in there, or, at least, that's around the number I use to have. You can look for Unhandled Exceptions and see if you are missing file/programs. Or if a particular piece of CC is crashing your game. You might upload your logs if you aren't tech savvy and maybe have someone take a look at them? Just a suggestion if you need further help.

I don't know if there are any help forums for this as the creator has kind of been absent for more than a year.
Visit me on Tumblr @bluexsims
Received Awards:
Being BraveChallenge HostFeedbackerBirthday WisherNew FriendSending LoveCopy CatEA are you kidding?Prize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Small QuartersColor LoverPhotographer of the MonthClock RacerTime TravellerI DoChild FriendlyFeaturedDine outOn a Platter
I only have two in there, so the next question is where can I upload them, because I'm about as tech savvy as a gerbil. Just not quite so cute.

It won't even let me run the game through CC Magic WITHOUT CC in it (I figured I'd uninstall and reinstall sims and cc magic just in case that helped). I also don't have a "game .exe override as an option, and if I try and add one, it crashes again.

I am so confused. :/
Heidy Pagan, tarot reading, final fantasy obsessed sims player... Pleased to meetcha! Heidy
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChatty CathyBeing BraveBeginner BuildersBeginner's LuckSound of MusicChild FriendlyI DoStir CrazySending LoveBased in FictionClock RacerCarebearPet PersonEP MonsterSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?JudgecornOn a Platter
Thinking about it, you may have less because you haven't been able to actually start your game yet. Also, if you can't even load it without CC then that should be able to be ruled out as a cause.

Do you have a Mediafire/Dropbox/One Drive/Google Drive/Mega or any other kind of file hosting site account? You can add them to a zip folder or upload them individually to one of the hosts and share the link.
Received Awards:
Being BraveChallenge HostFeedbackerBirthday WisherNew FriendSending LoveCopy CatEA are you kidding?Prize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Small QuartersColor LoverPhotographer of the MonthClock RacerTime TravellerI DoChild FriendlyFeaturedDine outOn a Platter
https://www.dropbox.com/home/Sims

apparently I've now got 5 logs. Heh. Seriously, I do NOT get computer stuff, and I've been having sims withdrawal. :P
Received Awards:
Hmmm your link doesn't look formatted correctly for sharing it should look more like - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftd9m1j7931k2u...t.rar?dl=0

When I click on it, it takes me to my dropbox account and says folder does not exist because I think you shared it like I have access to your files and not as a public share link (sorry I don't know if that made any sense).

Anyway here is how to share files with the public. Relevant information:

Share links using the website

Sign in to dropbox.com and find the file or folder you'd like to share.

Hover your cursor over the file or folder and click the blue Share button that appears.
If you are sharing a link to a folder, select Send link…

A pop-up window will appear with the link. Enter the email addresses of the people you'd like to send the link to and click Send. Or, copy and paste the link in your email, instant message, blog post, or wherever you'd like people to access it.
Received Awards:
Does that mean I'd need your or somebody else's email? :/

Eh, I'll just do them seperately, now there's only 3 log files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7nm7cpq4t7gjw...c.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsfxjbeysnnkos...1.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2aljjczh6tpuz...2.log?dl=0
Received Awards:
I'm not an expert and I don't want to feed you misinformation but this is what I found

2016-04-08 17:46:16Z| Fatal | [CCMagic.App] -- Unhandled ExceptionSystem.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.

2016-04-06 20:34:52Z| Fatal | [CCMagic.App] -- Unhandled ExceptionSystem.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided.

This is what's causing CC magic to crash. It loads all your EPs and SPs and reads your game data but when it goes to start it's saying that the path/file name of CC Magic isn't being read properly. Have you installed it the same way as you did before you wiped your PC?

I didn't see any other fatal errors so I'm thinking it has to be something wonky in the set-up. Oh and do you hae any funky characters in the file-path that are maybe causing CC Magic to not be able to read it

I might also take this over to ModTheSims because they have people that are much better with this kind of thing.
Received Awards:
Yeah, done it the same way as I did before, but it doesn't have an game override thing selected and when I try to put one in, it crashes again.

[Image: ccmagic%20issue_zps0kv7zqns.png]

ETA: Thank you SO much for trying to help I REALLY appreciate it, I think my cat would be better at this sort of thing than me, and he's really dumb. :P
Received Awards:
Well beyond CC Magic not being able to read the file path I can't really think of what else might be causing your issues. I'm sorry Sadsmile
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  spawners on buydebug Iciloo 1 302 04-10-2018, 07:13 PM
Last Post: KatCat
  More CC Magic issues! Breila 0 828 12-18-2016, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Breila
  unable to place community shells nickyclem 7 2,221 09-23-2016, 11:12 AM
Last Post: nickyclem