Interior Maxis Mayhem 11 (Closes December 31st)
[Image: maxismayhem11.png]

EA homes are... questionable at best. The patterns are usually gaudy and misplaced, the colors either too bold or too dull, the furnishing arrangements are... don't get us started. We find ourselves often wondering, 'What were they thinking!?' So we are going to set you lovely designers to work making EA homes a little less ugly one Room at a time.

Going into an already furnished EA house, stripping everything but the walls and starting anew sounds like an easy, everyday run of the mill make-over challenge. This however is Maxis Mayhem ladies and gentlemen.

The Task
Pick any furnished room in an EA/Maxis built house and make it over. You must however use the existing furnishings in your make-over.

Kudos for making over a community lot instead of a residential home, but you may do either.
Kudos for using only EA items (Basegame, EPs, SPs, GPs and store)! 

The Rules
  • You must re-use every furnishing that already exists in your room. (deco and lamps can be replaced/removed)
  • You must tell us the Name of the home and which world the home is located in.
  • You must show us at least one before picture.
  • You may re-color everything.
  • You may reposition all of the furniture.
  • You may post up to 10 pictures including the before picture. You may link to an album with more.
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
  • You may add more furniture and decor items to the room.
  • You may not move or add windows or doors but you may change them.
  • You may not move or add more walls. (But halfwalls, fences etc. are ok to add)
  • You may add free-standing fireplaces but not those that have to be "built" into a wall
  • State which game you are using. TS2, TS3, TS4
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
  • The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply

Remember to add Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

This challenge will close: 21st of December

Inspiration

Issue 12: Maxis Mayham
Issue 16: Maxis Mayham 2
Issue 6: Versatile Maxis
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 2 users say Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Participants

The Sims 4

The Sims 3

The Sims 2

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Yay! I'll try to get one done this weekend. I rest from everything on weekends so. I did one for this last time it was up but I got so annoyed with it I just gave up so I'm excited to try again. I tried it in Sims 4 but I want to try Sims 2 or 3 this time.

What I really want is to overhaul that octagonal party house from Sims 1 (you know the one, the big pink one) but haha, that's for another day. That house was ugly as sin. Yet I always played in it.
[Image: lssiggy.png~original]
Received Awards:
Holiday SpiritNew FriendEA are you kidding?Sending LoveBirthday WisherSmall QuartersChallenge HostProofreader
Yay!MM is back!I love this challenge - will start as soon as I'm back in game Smile
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?Being Brave
Miral, gosh it is nice to see you back!!!

[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
Guess I'm first. This is TS3 and it is a master bedroom and bathroom in Isla Paradiso.

Before:

[Image: 2818vo9.jpg]

After:

[Image: 68voyg.jpg]

[Image: mwcm61.jpg]

[Image: 24xp5kw.jpg]

[Image: 10zv3lw.jpg]

[Image: 35bsi1t.jpg]

[Image: 2eal25s.jpg]

[Image: xggl0k.jpg]

[Image: 2yjpv8n.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ThatAtlasChick for this post
Received Awards:
Being BraveTake me AwayCopy CatBirthday WisherStir CrazyFeedbackerEA are you kidding?Sending LoveSound of MusicSmall QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outChild FriendlyClock RacerTime TravellerI DoDorm CrazyHoliday SpiritGreat ChefOn a Platter
Wow! That's quite a transformation. I love the dark wood paneling on the walls and the contrast the concrete provides to it.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to kitkat for this post
Received Awards:
WriterProofreaderWish FulfillerLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherTreasure HunterSending LoveSilver StafferChild FriendlyPrize DonatorChallenge HostGold StafferAd ManPhotographerEA are you kidding?On a Platter
@ThatAtlasChick Love what you did with the space, the texture used in the walls are just amazing. 

Hello folks, it has been sometime… but i´m here Wink
My entry. TS4 as usually and the house is located in Acquisition Butte - Oasis Springs CC-Free and being one of my favourites Challenges ever… Smile

Before: Dining Room

[Image: mkzlm0.jpg]

After: Dining Room

[Image: 35ire5z.jpg]

[Image: qodpgg.jpg]

[Image: 25k7qec.jpg]

[Image: 2zqwn13.jpg]

That´s a wrap Smile  Heidy
[Image: 10z4gsz.png]
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Zingaro for this post
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?New FriendChild FriendlySending LoveBeginner BuildersBirthday WisherSmall QuartersTreasure HunterCopy CatPhotographer of the MonthBeing BraveFeaturedTime TravellerClock RacerPhotographerChallenge HostSending LoveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outOn a PlatterGreat Chef
ThatAtlasChick - I'm a big fan of textures.  I think it adds a lot of interest to a room.  And you've done a really nice job of showing a good contrast with the concrete and wood and fabrics.   Yes 

Zingaro - Beautiful job as always.  I love the style and the pops of color in the curtains and the big red flowers on the table.  It gives a light and whimsical touch to the elegant setting.   Clap
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Allears for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendColor LoverBirthday WisherTime TravellerChild FriendlyHoliday SpiritOrganizerEA are you kidding?Small QuartersDorm CrazyChallenge HostSending LoveBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerProofreaderOn a Platter
This entry is done in TS3.  It's from the Lap of Luxury house in Moonlight Falls.  Somehow I managed to limit it to all EA content.

Before

[Image: Before01_zpsmagx6eiu.jpg]

[Image: Before03_zpsleega7pa.jpg]

After

[Image: After01_zpsxqhphpgr.jpg]

[Image: After08_zpsxd13dpez.jpg]

[Image: After04_zpscu5f4owz.jpg]

[Image: After10_zpsluex2zpy.jpg]

[Image: After06_zpsp2ppmveh.jpg]

[Image: After07_zpsen4nl2w4.jpg]

[Image: After11_zpsfri7gtu6.jpg]
Received Awards:
New FriendColor LoverBirthday WisherTime TravellerChild FriendlyHoliday SpiritOrganizerEA are you kidding?Small QuartersDorm CrazyChallenge HostSending LoveBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerProofreaderOn a Platter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roll Your Room 4.0 - Holiday Edition (Closes December 21st) kitkat 41 8,453 12-28-2016, 03:08 AM
Last Post: kitkat
  Tablescape 7.0 (Closes December 21st) kitkat 62 8,931 12-28-2016, 03:07 AM
Last Post: kitkat
  Recipe for Design [Closes December 29th] Nuclearwaffles 64 9,245 12-15-2016, 03:33 PM
Last Post: macthekat