Roll Your Room 4.0 - Holiday Edition (Closes December 21st)
[Image: 793781C92169B6D5B5B41A37F0F60F5D0F141AB5...b3ngwj.png]

Have you hit a brick wall with your decorating? Have no clue what you want to do next? Well put your next room in the hands of Lady Luck. Let her decide where your inspiration shall come from!

This is the Holiday Edition of the challenge, so you'll have to pick a holiday/festival to design for. Choose from Halloween, Day of the Dead, Diwali, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, New Year's Eve, Chinese New Year or another holiday of your choice. If you need help picking a holiday, we can assign one for you Smile

The Task
Take three 6-sided dice (or 1 die and roll it 3 times) Each number will represent a different room, color scheme and style. See the lists below to find out what you will be decorating and then post pics of your finished results! A virtual dice roller can be found here

If you can't trust yourself to stay with the numbers you rolled, we can roll the dice for you [Image: smile.gif]

The Rules
  • Max 10 pictures per entry, including an overview. You may link to more in an album
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
  • State which Holiday you choose.
  • State which Room, Color and Style you rolled.
  • State which game you are using. TS2, TS3, TS4
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
  • The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply

Remember to add [Image: heidy.gif] in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

This challenge will close:  December 21st, 2016

Award: You get "Holiday Spirit" as a forum award for doing the challenge: [Image: balloon_ambit.png] 

The Room:

1. Bedroom - Can be either a Adult, Child or Nursery Room
  2. Study - Can be a Office, Library or Hobby Room
  3. Kitchen
  4. Living Room
  5. Dining Room
  6. Patio

The Color Scheme:

1. Monochromatic - In theory, this is the most basic and simple scheme. It is created by the use of mostly neutral colors, such as black and white, with the addition of just one of the primary or secondary colors. This one shade or drop of color should usually be at the center of the design and create a focus point. Since it is a fairly simple scheme, it is typically used in many of the more minimalist design styles.
  2. Natural - As the name suggests, this scheme makes use of "natural colors," or those taken directly from nature. Wood and stone are the primary focus of this contrast. Since these are not really classified as colors, per se, this scheme is somewhat of an exception in color theory.
  3. Neutral - Not to be confused with the natural or monochromatic schemes, a neutral design is based on the use of the so-called neutral colors of color theory such as brown, black, gray and white. 
  4. Complementary - This design is also known as the scheme of opposite colors. It is called this since the complementary color scheme uses two pairs of colors that, when combined, cancel each other out. In other words, when you combine them, they should produce either black, white or some shade of gray. 
    The use of complementary colors creates contrast which is familiar to many of the more modern design styles. Some of the more commonly used pairs are red/cyan, green/magenta and blue/yellow.
  5. Traditional - What are the traditional colors for the holiday you are decorating for (orange for Halloween, red/orange/green/gold for Thanksgiving, red & green for Christmas, etc.)? Take those colors and go wild with them. Try to put a modern twist on on these colors that might have become passe' over time.
  6. Wild Card! You Choose - Choose a color scheme not listed above. See the Color Theory Article in Issue 39 of LivingSims for more information on color schemes.

The Style:

1. Scandanavian - Scandanavian design is known for its stylish simplicity. The style is marked by functionalism and simplification of forms which is softened by the use of natural materials like wood, leather, and hemp.
  2. Farmhouse Rustic - Rustic farmhouse decor focuses on the beauty of a few flaws and unpolished edges. Old heirloom furniture sits alongside modern, up-cycled glass and lots of natural wood tones. 
  3. Modern -  Modern interiors are sleek, spacious, simple, and focus on function and organization.  No clutter or chaos allowed.  Modern design uses basic geometry (simple edges, curves and angles) and clean lines in furniture, architecture and sculpture
  4. Industrial - This design style is all about displaying building materials instead of covering them up. Exposed pipes, concrete and metal ducts are common. The use of metal and unfinished wood lends authenticity to an Industrial space. 
  5. Eclectic - Eclectic design thoughtfully blends together elements form different time periods and different design styles into one project. Far from being just a jumble of styles, an eclectic design brings together the different elements with the choices of color, texture, shape and finish.
  6. Shabby Chic -  is a form of interior design where furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their appearance of age and signs of wear and tear or where new items are distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique. At the same time, a soft, opulent, almost cottage-style use of materials and textiles is emphasized to differentiate it from genuine period decor.
[+] 3 users say Thank You to kitkat for this post
Received Awards:
WriterProofreaderWish FulfillerLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherTreasure HunterSending LoveSilver StafferChild FriendlyPrize DonatorChallenge HostGold StafferAd ManPhotographerEA are you kidding?On a Platter
Participants

The Sims 4

The Sims 3

The Sims 2
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
so many new challanges!  Inlove
I think I'll start with this one...

the dice has been rolled already:

6 - patio
3 - neutral
4 - industrial

can't wait to start  Chair
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?New FriendHoliday SpiritGreat ChefOn a Platter
Thank you for this challenge!
Had so much fun doing christmas in summer  xmas3
I built my try with Sims 4
6 - patio
3 - neutral
4 - industrial

[Image: 05.09.16_19-56-02.png]

[Image: 05.09.16_19-43-45.png]

[Image: 05.09.16_19-54-57.png]

[Image: 05.09.16_19-41-22.png]

[Image: 05.09.16_19-45-41.png]

[Image: 05.09.16_19-42-38.png]

[Image: 05.09.16_19-42-10.png]

[Image: 05.09.16_19-44-55.png]

[Image: 05.09.16_19-45-28.png]
[+] 4 users say Thank You to gooseberry for this post
Received Awards:
What a beautiful space, gooseberry! The industrial pipes are a great touch, and I love how you were able to evoke a Christmas feel using a neutral palette.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to kitkat for this post
Received Awards:
WriterProofreaderWish FulfillerLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherTreasure HunterSending LoveSilver StafferChild FriendlyPrize DonatorChallenge HostGold StafferAd ManPhotographerEA are you kidding?On a Platter
gooseberry, that space is looking great - and awesome photos. I always love to see representations of christmas that isn't snowy - course lets face it - most of us don't have that.
Another thing, you greatly improve your chances of us using the pictures in the magazine, if you don't add an edge to your photos Smile
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
@ kitkat: Thank you so much! It was really challenging to find christmas items without even red and green in it  Wink

@ mac: Thank you! As I live in the Austrian Alps surrounded by snowcaped mountains even in summer I enjoyed doing this "Palmtree-Seaside-Christmas" very much.
And thank you for the tip with the borders! Nod
[+] 1 user says Thank You to gooseberry for this post
Received Awards:
(09-06-2016, 06:34 PM)gooseberry Wrote: @ kitkat: Thank you so much! It was really challenging to find christmas items without even red and green in it  Wink

@ mac: Thank you! As I live in the Austrian Alps surrounded by snowcaped mountains even in summer I enjoyed doing this "Palmtree-Seaside-Christmas" very much.
And thank you for the tip with the borders! Nod

Beautifully done Gooseberry, your patio is wonderful. 

My roll was 3,6,3

Kitchen (Ok)
My choice of colour 
Modern (humph not my favourite theme)

Be back with pictures later.
[Image: Iot645y.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Ivyrose for this post
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?New FriendHoliday SpiritSmall QuartersDine outOn a PlatterGreat Chef
Here is my Modern Kitchen in a black and grey colour scheme, it is decorated for Halloween.

[Image: 3TaJdC2.png]
[Image: uRQykmY.png]

[Image: 5FPZoWM.png]

[Image: Pi8KiJW.png]

[Image: YKcV6R3.png]

[Image: uNppseC.png]

[Image: Y4Fx8kN.png]

[Image: SO8wDrN.png]

[Image: xcUxVYL.png]
[Image: Iot645y.png]
[+] 5 users say Thank You to Ivyrose for this post
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?New FriendHoliday SpiritSmall QuartersDine outOn a PlatterGreat Chef
IvyRose: Wheeee! Looks like a Halloween party's about to happen there! The pumpkin in the witch hat makes me happy. :P Everything looks great!

EDIT: I rolled my room and got a really interesting combination!

4 -- Living Room
2 -- Natural color scheme
6 -- Shabby Chic

I'll start on it soon!
[Image: lssiggy.png~original]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Nuclearwaffles for this post
Received Awards:
Holiday SpiritNew FriendEA are you kidding?Sending LoveBirthday WisherSmall QuartersChallenge HostProofreader

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interior Maxis Mayhem 11 (Closes December 31st) macthekat 58 8,839 12-31-2016, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Nuclearwaffles
  Tablescape 7.0 (Closes December 21st) kitkat 62 7,242 12-28-2016, 03:07 AM
Last Post: kitkat
  Recipe for Design [Closes December 29th] Nuclearwaffles 64 7,657 12-15-2016, 03:33 PM
Last Post: macthekat