unable to place community shells
Hi ya am looking for some help! I'm having a really frustrating issue with the pre built rabbit holes..

I have downloaded an empty world which I was intending to fill but have come across a problem when I change the lot to community lot then try to place a copy of the Science Facility or the Lab they just come up empty Itwasntme I gone in to buy build mode and try to place the shell that was as well but it wont let me they just stay red???

I have deleted the lot ... change the lot time about 10s and no joy Sweating
I have tried on different world and still the same
I have tried the buydebug and remove spawners and that dont help at all

Can any please tell me where I am going wrong its driving me nuts i have been sat here 3 days trying to find the problem

Thanks Nicky
Received Awards:
Not sure if this will help Nicky, but I had a similar problem in Sims 3. I finally tried the "level lot" option in build mode - seems the lot was not flat. Once I did that, I was able to place the shell. It's worth a try. Good luck!

MOD NOTE: Since this is answered here I will be closing the identical post in Sims 3.
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterProofreaderNew FriendSending LoveBeing BraveLS Extra StafferSmall QuartersBirthday WisherFeedbackerOrganizerEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Social ButterflyWriterChallenge HostStir CrazyCarebearSilver StafferJudgecornWCIF MasterMini MeTech SuportThank MachineRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor LoverRaised from the Dead
(09-22-2016, 06:53 PM)Nuclearwaffles Wrote: You COULD try moveobjects. I had to do that with a hospital in one of my custom worlds because whoever built the world made the entrance to the hospital go off a cliff. I moveobjects on'd it... the only thing to worry about is whether Sims can go in or not but in my case they still can.

I wouldn't try that in a filled up world until you know if it works but if you try with them one at a time in the empty world you may be able to make them work. Just don't block any paths or you know, put the entrance off a cliff.

Good luck!
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterProofreaderNew FriendSending LoveBeing BraveLS Extra StafferSmall QuartersBirthday WisherFeedbackerOrganizerEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Social ButterflyWriterChallenge HostStir CrazyCarebearSilver StafferJudgecornWCIF MasterMini MeTech SuportThank MachineRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor LoverRaised from the Dead
(09-22-2016, 06:55 PM)KatCat Wrote: Not sure if this will help Nicky, but I had a similar problem in Sims 3.  I finally tried the "level lot" option in build mode - seems the lot was not flat.  Once I did that, I was able to place the shell.  It's worth a try. Good luck!

MOD NOTE: Since this is answered here I will be closing the identical post in Sims 3.

thanks for reply I will give it a try :-)  sorry about the two post I put it in the sims 4 instead of sims 3  Shake

Thanks Nicky 
Received Awards:
No problem - I'll just move this one over and remove the duplicate. Smile
Received Awards:
(09-22-2016, 06:53 PM)Nuclearwaffles Wrote: You COULD try moveobjects.  I had to do that with a hospital in one of my custom worlds because whoever built the world made the entrance to the hospital go off a cliff.  I moveobjects on'd it... the only thing to worry about is whether Sims can go in or not but in my case they still can.

I wouldn't try that in a filled up world until you know if it works but if you try with them one at a time in the empty world you may be able to make them work.  Just don't block any paths or you know, put the entrance off a cliff.

Good luck!

Hi ya thanks for reply I tried moveobjects on they still just stay red Crying
Received Awards:
Hiya again! Okay so I did a little digging and think perhaps you're not able to place them due to lot size. Each rabbithole has a certain size requirement. You can find those in a thread on ModtheSims right HERE.

I want to say you can place a rabbithole on a bigger lot, but it has to be at least the right lot size. So say you want to place a school, you can't do it on a 20X20 but I THINK you can do it on a 40X20. (School requires 32x20 as listed in the thread on MTS.) That's just an example, but that's what I'm thinking may be an issue.

That is for Create a World but I don't see a reason it wouldn't work in Edit Town. I'm not 100% sure but logic says it should work.

Also as KatCat says, it's also probably best to flatten the lot.

I hope you can figure out what's going on, and if you do, please let us know what worked!

Good luck again!
[Image: lssiggy.png~original]
Received Awards:
Holiday SpiritNew FriendEA are you kidding?Sending LoveBirthday WisherSmall QuartersChallenge HostProofreader
Hi Ya!  Smile   Thanks so much for trying to help me 

Rite I have gone in to edit town placed a lot size 64 by 64 (I think that is the biggest you can go)Changed it to community lot  with no visitors allowed. I then go into the lot to build on it.  I have tried to flatten lot but it already flat and all I still get is certain shells will not allow me to place them   Twinbook Storage  Corporation Warehouse  is the one I'm trying atm. 

I will how ever load up later and write a list of what ones I am unable to place I will also take a picture maybe I'm missing out some thing so simple and its driving me crazy  Thinking

Thanks Again for all your help 
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  spawners on buydebug Iciloo 1 358 04-10-2018, 07:13 PM
Last Post: KatCat
  More CC Magic issues! Breila 0 869 12-18-2016, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Breila
  CC Magic not working Breila 11 4,765 05-21-2016, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Breila