Interior Design Style: Eclectic 2.0
[Image: tumblr_ou2du4Wyx31s26wllo1_1280.jpg]

It's time to get eclectic, matching old with new, luxe with humble, showy with quiet. The trick is finding a balance between the mix of design elements and not just throwing random bits of everything in a room. Check out this great article on the Eclectic Style

The Task
Research the style before you start and decorate any room you want (residential, commercial or garden) in the Eclectic style. The catch - no living rooms this time! Let's see some eclectic kitchens or even a garden space. Get creative with it.

Consider giving at least two other people in the challenge feedback on their entry

The Style
Keywords: Unique, Harmony, Not Random, Common color/texture/shape or finish
Read more about the style in the Design Style area.
Check out this Pinterest board for more inspiration.

The Rules
  • You may decorate any room type you want
  • The room must be in Eclectic style
  • There is no budget
  • State which game you are using. TS2, TS3, TS4
  • Max 10 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album
  • Pictures may be no more than 800 pixel wide
  • You may enter as many times as you wish
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest

Put [Image: heidy.gif] in your post if you want detailed feedback on your pictures, rooms and style.

Closes: 

Participation Prize:
[+] 1 user says Thank You to kitkat for this post
Received Awards:
WriterProofreaderWish FulfillerLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherTreasure HunterSending LoveSilver StafferChild FriendlyPrize DonatorChallenge HostGold StafferAd ManPhotographerEA are you kidding?On a Platter
Participants 

The Sims 4

The Sims 3

The Sims 2
Received Awards:
WriterProofreaderWish FulfillerLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherTreasure HunterSending LoveSilver StafferChild FriendlyPrize DonatorChallenge HostGold StafferAd ManPhotographerEA are you kidding?On a Platter
Oh this is looking wonderful!
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
[Image: tumblr_otwhpfjprr1vod5o8o1_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_otwhpfjprr1vod5o8o2_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_otwhpfjprr1vod5o8o3_540.png]

Here is an attempt at eclectic. I'm not very good at this style but this bedroom is better in my opinion than my very first attempt at the style when this forum had another eclectic challenge.
[+] 6 users say Thank You to ThatAtlasChick for this post
Received Awards:
Being BraveTake me AwayCopy CatBirthday WisherStir CrazyFeedbackerEA are you kidding?Sending LoveSound of MusicSmall QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outChild FriendlyClock RacerTime TravellerI DoDorm CrazyHoliday SpiritGreat ChefOn a Platter
Sims 4, over ground view. It's CC free. Heidy

[Image: tumblr_ou8tl8LHec1uqwrqao1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ou8tl8LHec1uqwrqao2_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ou8tl8LHec1uqwrqao3_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ou8tl8LHec1uqwrqao4_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ou8tl8LHec1uqwrqao5_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ou8tl8LHec1uqwrqao7_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ou8tl8LHec1uqwrqao6_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ou8tl8LHec1uqwrqao8_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ou8tl8LHec1uqwrqao9_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ou8tl8LHec1uqwrqao10_1280.jpg]

Coffee
[+] 5 users say Thank You to SweetCaffeine for this post
Received Awards:
Count Them: 1, 2, 3Holiday SpiritEA are you kidding?Photographer of the MonthFeaturedDorm CrazySmall QuartersSending LoveBeing BraveDine outOn a Platter
@ThatAtlasChick Cool room! It's definitely a mix of styles that blend together well and look effortless.

@SweetCaffeine Wow - I'm impressed that you could pull off this look without CC! Are those curtains REALLY from EA - they look way too nice for that giggle Thanks for sharing!
[+] 2 users say Thank You to kitkat for this post
Received Awards:
ThatAtlasChick: That do look really great! That is properly the most urban I have ever seen you done. :D

SweetCaffeine: Awesome - I really love the colors! Awesome details!
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Mildly eclectic dining.
Sims 2

[Image: nhCTQ4F.jpg]

[Image: mwvZG4z.jpg]

[Image: nVzGmMQ.jpg]
[+] 7 users say Thank You to riekus13 for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendHoliday SpiritPhotographer of the MonthFeaturedSmall QuartersBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Great ChefDine outOn a Platter
Love all of the entries so far Smile I've made an attempt at a kitchen in TS2. Not sure that it's a style that I personally could live with, but hopefully any Sims that move in will like it once the clutter's cleared!

[Image: ohBgoj3.jpg]

[Image: LPp3R3L.jpg]

[Image: idNXRvz.jpg]

[Image: rLR10Om.jpg]

[Image: b0gDmSU.jpg]
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Tanya9771 for this post
Received Awards:
Being Brave
Eh, let's do it again.

[Image: tumblr_osfx2cwAc01vod5o8o1_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_osfx2cwAc01vod5o8o2_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_osfx2cwAc01vod5o8o3_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_osfx2cwAc01vod5o8o4_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_osfx2cwAc01vod5o8o5_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_osfx2cwAc01vod5o8o6_540.png]
Received Awards:
Being BraveTake me AwayCopy CatBirthday WisherStir CrazyFeedbackerEA are you kidding?Sending LoveSound of MusicSmall QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outChild FriendlyClock RacerTime TravellerI DoDorm CrazyHoliday SpiritGreat ChefOn a Platter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interior Fantasy 2.0 kitkat 6 702 09-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Nuclearwaffles
  Interior Maxis Mayhem 12 (Closes November 30) Allears 9 887 09-04-2017, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Allears
  Interior Deskspace macthekat 4 628 08-30-2017, 10:42 AM
Last Post: riekus13