Rules Love is All You Need
[Image: Love%20is%20All%20you%20Need%20banner_zpsgyoexx5d.jpg]
Contest Opens: Wednesday 2/8/17

Love makes the world go 'round! But have you ever stopped to think about all of the different types of love we encounter in our daily lives? The ancient Greeks identified seven types of love: eros, philia, ludus, pragma, philautia, agape, and storge. In modern times we think of romantic love, brotherly love, motherly love, the love of friend to friend and more.

In this contest, you will be asked to embody the essence of one of these types of love in your design. The trick will be to think beyond the Hallmark card stereotypes and creatively show how these types of love look in everyday life.

How does it work?
  • Each round will focus on a different aspect of love. You will be given the type of love and a picture to inspire you.
  • This is a four round contest. The first round is the application round and the fourth one is the finals that determines the winner.
  • After each round the judges will score the entries. The two-thirds with the highest scores go through to the next round. In Round 4, the person with the highest score in that round wins.
  • Scores are not cumulative. You will be scored for each round separately.
  • The rounds will run from Wednesday to Wednesday, but the application round will be open longer.
  • Each round will be posted in a separate topic and the entries for that round should be posted in that topic. This topic is for general announcements and questions about the contest in general.
  • After each round the scores will be posted in the round topic.
Who can enter
  • Anyone on the forum can enter! Sims 2 or Sims 3 or Sims 4.
  • Staffers may enter, but their scores will not be counted in the final round, so they cannot win this.
Feedback
You are of course welcome to use Heidy [ Heidy ] to ask for feedback in the topic. We will all try to give you feedback on your work.

What are we looking for?
  • Creativity: We are looking for creative solutions. For interpretations of the pictures that we had not thought of. For rooms that inspire us.
  • Photography: We are looking for well photographed rooms that look really good in the pictures. Gridlines or bad angles, plumbobs, speech bubbles etc will hurt your score so take care with your pictures. Get your pictures as clear as you can and take care with your angles.
  • Functionality: We are looking for functional rooms that are easy and practical to use - not just rooms that look good.
  • Following the guidelines: Follow the rules of the contest and the guidelines of the round.
Rules
  • Post 5-10 pictures of the area. One picture has to be an overhead - but it may be linked, it does not have to be a part of the allowed 10 picture.
  • No borders, text, heavy manipulation or special effects on the pictures. We do not like instagram effects on the pictures.
  • No picture-in-picture.
  • No heavy editing of the pictures is allowed. You may make slight changes to contrast, light and sharpness of the pictures. You may not add lens flares or effects like that.
  • You may edit your post until the deadline, but not after the deadline for that round.
Drop-out
If you can not continue after entering in the contest for some reason, please let us know.

Extensions
There will be no extensions and no exceptions - if you don't make it, you don't make it. Sorry Sadsmile So don't ask for an extension or complain when you don't get one.

Judges
macthekat, kitkat, & ??
We are looking for judges. They have to be active on the forum. Apply by sending me a pm

WCIF
Please ask the Where Can I Find in the regular forum WCIF area, not in the round topics.
[+] 6 users say Thank You to kitkat for this post
Received Awards:
WriterProofreaderWish FulfillerLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherTreasure HunterSending LoveSilver StafferChild FriendlyPrize DonatorChallenge HostGold StafferAd ManPhotographerEA are you kidding?On a Platter
Participation Prize:
Currently working on a participation prize. Please let me know if you would like to donate anything.

The overall winner will be interviewed and have their rooms featured in the next issue of LivingSims magazine.
Received Awards:
WriterProofreaderWish FulfillerLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherTreasure HunterSending LoveSilver StafferChild FriendlyPrize DonatorChallenge HostGold StafferAd ManPhotographerEA are you kidding?On a Platter
I love it!
I have a question. though.
In the 'what are we looking for' section you mention plumbobs and speech bubbles...
Are we going to add sims?
Received Awards:
New FriendHoliday SpiritPhotographer of the MonthFeaturedSmall QuartersBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Great ChefDine outOn a Platter
No, we do not expect sims in the shots, but they are allowed Smile (without their interface parts showing Wink )
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Oh goodie!
I never have sims in my game. So, count me in!
Received Awards:
New FriendHoliday SpiritPhotographer of the MonthFeaturedSmall QuartersBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Great ChefDine outOn a Platter
Sounds super fun!
Received Awards:
New FriendDine outCopy CatPhotographer of the MonthI DoChild FriendlyHoliday SpiritPhotographerChallenge HostOn a Platter
Sound great very original idea, I love it.
[Image: Iot645y.png]
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?New FriendHoliday SpiritSmall QuartersDine outOn a PlatterGreat Chef
So when does this start?
Received Awards:
Being BraveTake me AwayCopy CatBirthday WisherStir CrazyFeedbackerEA are you kidding?Sending LoveSound of MusicSmall QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outChild FriendlyClock RacerTime TravellerI DoDorm CrazyHoliday SpiritGreat ChefOn a Platter
It has started as of Wednesday. You have until Wednesday 2/22 to get your entry in for Round 1 Smile
Received Awards:
Heart 
irresistible Inlove
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?New FriendHoliday SpiritGreat ChefOn a Platter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love is All You Need - Round 3 (Due 3/12) kitkat 9 1,870 04-13-2017, 06:05 PM
Last Post: gooseberry
  Love is All You Need - Just for Fun kitkat 9 969 03-18-2017, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Ivyrose
  Love is All You Need - Round 2 SCORES ARE POSTED kitkat 8 3,780 03-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Ivyrose