Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My cheat console box won't open!
So I use the cheats especially move objects on, but the past two days when I've pressed ctrl-shift-c, the console box won't open!

I've removed all CC, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, does anybody know what is going on with my game, because it's driving me nuts! I want to do certain designing stuff, and I can't do anything!
Heidy Pagan, tarot reading, final fantasy obsessed sims player... Pleased to meetcha! Heidy
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChatty CathyBeing BraveBeginner BuildersBeginner's LuckSound of MusicChild FriendlyI DoStir CrazySending LoveBased in FictionClock RacerCarebearPet PersonEP MonsterSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?JudgecornOn a Platter
That sounds like something else is being triggered by the code, or something has overridden that particular set of hotkeys. Have you installed anything new lately on your computer? Anything at all, but I'm thinking especially things like chat overlays (often those come with a new video card, as streaming has become a bigger thing for gamers).
[Image: banner_services.jpg]
Free your mind and the rest will follow
Received Awards:
Small QuartersNew FriendTreasure HunterBirthday WisherChallenge HostMini MeSending LoveProofreaderWriterPhotographerOn a Platter
Well after a lot of experimenting and googling, I've found that if I hold the enter key as well, THEN I can open the console box, but it happened just out of the blue. I don't THINK I've installed anything new. :/ Except maybe windows updates?

ETA - not the enter key, the windows key
Heidy Pagan, tarot reading, final fantasy obsessed sims player... Pleased to meetcha! Heidy
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChatty CathyBeing BraveBeginner BuildersBeginner's LuckSound of MusicChild FriendlyI DoStir CrazySending LoveBased in FictionClock RacerCarebearPet PersonEP MonsterSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?JudgecornOn a Platter
... The WINDOWS key? That's the weirdest thing EVER, wow! I'm glad you have a solution, but that makes no sense whatsoever. Unless... I think the problem is with your keyboard. The Windows key is right next to the CTRL key, after all. Do you have an old keyboard, or one you can borrow? I bet the problem's your keyboard.
[Image: banner_services.jpg]
Free your mind and the rest will follow
Received Awards:
Small QuartersNew FriendTreasure HunterBirthday WisherChallenge HostMini MeSending LoveProofreaderWriterPhotographerOn a Platter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (SOLVED) CC that turns black.... soliva 1 1,112 12-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Last Post: soliva
  The Tray Lorry 9 2,001 08-13-2015, 04:03 AM
Last Post: Lorry
  How Do I Get Into Build Mode? Lorry 2 1,244 03-25-2015, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Lorry