Interior Maxis Mayhem 12 (Closes November 30)
[Image: maxismayhem7.jpg]

EA homes are... questionable at best. The patterns are usually gaudy and misplaced, the colors either too bold or too dull, the furnishing arrangements are... don't get us started. We find ourselves often wondering, 'What were they thinking!?' So we are going to set you lovely designers to work making EA homes a little less ugly one Room at a time.

Going into an already furnished EA house, stripping everything but the walls and starting anew sounds like an easy, everyday run of the mill make-over challenge. This however is Maxis Mayhem ladies and gentlemen.

The Task
Pick any furnished room in an EA/Maxis-built house and make it over. You must, however, use the existing furnishings in your make-over.

Kudos for making over a community lot instead of a residential home, but you may do either.
Kudos for using only EA items (Basegame, EPs, SPs, GPs and store)! 

The Rules
  • You must re-use every furnishing that already exists in your room. (deco and lamps can be replaced/removed)
  • You must tell us the Name of the home and which world the home is located in.
  • You must show us at least one before picture.
  • You may post up to 10 pictures including the before picture. You may link to an album with more.
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixels wide
  • State which game you are using. TS2, TS3, TS4
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
  • The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply

• You may re-color everything.
  • You may reposition all of the furniture.
  • You may add more furniture and decor items to the room.
  • You may not move or add windows or doors but you may change them.
  • You may not move or add more walls. (But halfwalls, fences etc. are ok to add)
  • You may add free-standing fireplaces but not those that have to be "built" into a wall
Remember to add [Image: heidy.gif] in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

This challenge will close: 30th of November

Inspiration

Issue 12: Maxis Mayham
Issue 16: Maxis Mayham 2
Issue 6: Versatile Maxis
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Allears for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendColor LoverBirthday WisherTime TravellerChild FriendlyHoliday SpiritOrganizerEA are you kidding?Small QuartersDorm CrazyChallenge HostSending LoveBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerProofreaderOn a Platter
Participants

The Sims 4
  • ThatAtlasChick
  • kitkat

The Sims 3

The Sims 2
  • Tanya9771
Received Awards:
New FriendColor LoverBirthday WisherTime TravellerChild FriendlyHoliday SpiritOrganizerEA are you kidding?Small QuartersDorm CrazyChallenge HostSending LoveBeing BraveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerProofreaderOn a Platter
Yeah, one of my favourite challenges are back! Please blow us away with both the horrors of pre-made houses and your amazing makeovers!
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
I get waaay too excited when I see Maxis Mayhem in the challenges.

Bheeda apartment bedroom. San Myshuno.

Before:

[Image: tumblr_ov9loc5PhE1vod5o8o1_540.png]

After:

[Image: tumblr_ov9loc5PhE1vod5o8o2_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_ov9loc5PhE1vod5o8o3_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_ov9loc5PhE1vod5o8o4_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_ov9loc5PhE1vod5o8o5_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_ov9loc5PhE1vod5o8o6_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_ov9loc5PhE1vod5o8o7_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_ov9loc5PhE1vod5o8o8_540.png]
[+] 3 users say Thank You to ThatAtlasChick for this post
Received Awards:
Being BraveTake me AwayCopy CatBirthday WisherStir CrazyFeedbackerEA are you kidding?Sending LoveSound of MusicSmall QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outChild FriendlyClock RacerTime TravellerI DoDorm CrazyHoliday SpiritGreat ChefOn a Platter
The room looks much better now ThatAtlasChick!  Clap The people who originally build the in-game houses must know by now that most of us prefer spaces that are light and bright, so you'd think they would have tried it themselves!

Having said that I've used a charcoal/black carpet in my TS2 entry - Don Lothario's living room at 150 Main Street, Pleasantview

Before:
[Image: HnFBVC2.jpg]

[Image: yspOMiR.jpg]

After:
[Image: YCIBkw6.jpg]

[Image: HryvTxN.jpg]

[Image: qKsx1ry.jpg]

[Image: vSt507T.jpg]

[Image: 7kPvflj.jpg]

I was going for a still fairly masculine feel, with a few feminine touches here and there - e.g. Cassandra Goth's influence  Smile
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Tanya9771 for this post
Received Awards:
Being Brave
Sims 4 rooms aren't quite as bad as their predecessors, but this one was so heavy and dreary.   Heidy 

[Image: Qro6uBB.png]

[Image: cJUeZlb.png?1]

[Image: aTnP46f.png?2]

[Image: KJk6RKh.png?2]

[Image: EhfwV2D.png?1]

[Image: M5jbXjt.png?1]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to kitkat for this post
Received Awards:
WriterProofreaderWish FulfillerLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherTreasure HunterSending LoveSilver StafferChild FriendlyPrize DonatorChallenge HostGold StafferAd ManPhotographerEA are you kidding?On a Platter
Kitkat I love that I think the sims living there would be happy with the changes while still really updating the place to something a lot more contemporary and pretty
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Everyone's entries look so good.  I like the way you all lightened up the rooms.  EA has a way of making their rooms so dark and gloomy.
Received Awards:
Cool! I'm gonna give this a try!
[Image: CLDesignsSiggi_zps34344dec.png]
Received Awards:
On a Platter
This is from the Gypsy Hideaway house in Hidden Springs (Sims 3)

Heidy As always, feedback is welcome.

Before

[Image: cZkXapu.jpg]

[Image: Q859uEg.jpg]

After

[Image: jW595ps.jpg]

[Image: oEZwDzW.jpg]

[Image: VSLGHCa.jpg]

[Image: iqivKJp.jpg]

[Image: NrIxlrv.jpg]

[Image: cAvW4uL.jpg]
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interior Fantasy 2.0 kitkat 6 546 09-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Nuclearwaffles
  Interior Deskspace macthekat 4 393 08-30-2017, 10:42 AM
Last Post: riekus13
  What's the Word? mrmiss 19 1,508 08-27-2017, 07:21 PM
Last Post: kitkat